Late Model #100 Scott Weber

sloppyjoe

cirrhosis of the river
I'LL TELL YA WHAT, you looked a lil shakey early tonight, then you won , then you come out in the feature looked like you might have been a little nervous (anyone in their right mind would have been anyway):D BUT MAN AFTER A FEW LAPS YOU TOOK THAT CAR TOWARDS THE TOP AND YOU WERE ON THE MOVE!!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC JOB TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!9TH PLACE WITH THE BIG DOGS IN THE HOUSE

I agree....the Rocket man pulled it together and came home with a Top 10 tonight....he is one hell of a driver, Ive enjoyed watching him the last 3 or 4 years in the Modified class...does this mean he is graduating to Late Models now?? If so, Im sure he wont have any problems driving those either!!

That shakey qualifying lap was pretty fast regardless of how it looked :). In the feature he was flat out impressive. The 26 car was too lol.

Scott got in a good heat race, and took advantage of it. He got out front and got to play around with the car and get the hang of it. In the feature he dropped back the first few laps then went to the top and took off. He was flying. He beat a two time and three time UMP National Champ!!!!!! Not bad for someone who is just in his second weekend of driving a late model. The question I want answered though, is he gonna drive a late model next year full time???? He could be a force with good equipment like Korte's.

I also wanna say good run to the Salty Dog. He finished right ahead of Scott and was going pretty fast himself.

I was impressed at how easily Weber took to the late model, but it also helps when you have top-line car to drive. Salter did a wonderful job, and Melvin had a poor showing (missed the setup on a dry slick, I guess). Dixon had a good night, until he ate the wall. He pretty much took it easy from there, but still was flying around the top.

The show stealer has got to be the wonderful save Korte did when he spun. It's not often when someone spins that hard and keeps it off the wall and everything else.

And finally, congrats to Billy Faust, he was hooked up right around the bottom, I swear he scraped the flies off the tires in the pit entrance in the turns.

Scott, Scott, Scott..... As well as you know you never cease to amaze me.... Nice Job..... :) And keep the front tires on the ground :D
You da man!!!!!!

Lisa

i wasn't there but i was for scott's first run and for a first time driver WOW but to finish 9th w/ big names great job webber!!

?

does anyone know if webber is stayin in the mod (i wouldentd doubt it)....but i would like to see him race a lm more and at dif tracks!!

Scott will be back in a Modified next year. This was one of the fun thing to do and he brought the 00 back in one piece. He had fun, but there are no current plans to move up.

Back