Late Model ???

Dawn

What sanctioning body is LOS going to run this year? Any chance for FASTRAK to return? Would love to run at LOS again.....
Lancaster Racing #16

I seen on one of these forums that Kevin posted LOS and Tri City will run under the UMP Crate LM sanctioning body for 08.

I just got off the phone with Tammy and she said we will have a vote to see which series we would like to be with. So everyone needs to be at the rules meeting on Jan. 27 to voice your opinion.

Those of us going to the National FASTRAK banquet will need to call or email your vote to the Gundaker's.

FASTRAK LM Series Announces New $10,000 to win NATIONAL Weekly Championship!
FASTRAK staying on pace with becoming the innovator in the dirt late model world of crate engine racing, once again creates something better for the ‘weekly racer’. The management of the FASTRAK dirt late model series (crate engines) although paying every track champion across the country in 2007, was concerned about how they could involve more people, not just one per track. “In most cases the Champion of a weekly track is decided as early as June or July” stated Founder Stan Lester. “What we wanted to do was figure out how to include MORE teams not less. I know the new NATIONAL system will keep more teams involved in the Points Chase. It just gives everyone more opportunity. We will keep our Regional Point systems in place across the country. That won’t change. We just wanted to do something to encourage more people that can’t travel to the larger races. I’m sure everyone would love to come to our $50,000 Grand Nationals at the end of the year but not everyone can afford to do that either financially or can even take the time off of work to do it. This gives EVERY team within the FASTRAK weekly racing series a chance to become a NATIONAL CHAMPION.
*Teams can race anywhere and as much as they like. They only count their best 15 finishes.
*Weekly teams can include coming to a Touring event as part of their weekly finishes.
*Must compete in a minimum of 12 races to qualify for the FASTRAK Grand Nationals.
*New points system for Car Owners as to assure them to be able to come to the Grand Nationals.
*Weekly tracks MUST use FASTRAK point system. Each competitor will be scored accordingly.
*Show up points will be awarded in accordance to car count. Maximum ‘show up” points is 15.
*Teams must run Goodyears 100% of the time to compete for pay out as posted.
*Teams running other brands of tires and or mixing of other brands will be paid 50% of posted amounts.
1) $10,000
2) $5,000
3) $3000
4) $2000
5) $1500
6) $1250
7) $1000
8) $900
9) $800
10) $750
11) $700
12) $650
13) $600
14) $575
15) $550
16) $525
17) $500
18) $475
19) $450
20) $425
21) $400
22) $375
23) $350
24) $325
25) $300
26) $275
27) $250
28) $225
29) $200
30) $200

Fastrak & Los

Any drivers interested in running FASTRAK at LOS needs to contact the Gundaker's either by phone or email if you can not make it to the rules meeting. LOS is a first rate facility, we would love to return there to run FASTRAK. So those of you that are not interested in making the changes that will need to be done to go UMP, contact them, and let them know that you want FASTRAK back at LOS!!

contact info can be found at lakeozarkspeedway.com

What happened to being able to run both; the Goodyear's and the wrs-d55 tires. That is what I see being the problem, since everyone that runs at LOS has Hoosiers. We will be swithing tire manufacturers 3 times in 3 years. Other than that the weekly points system sounds like a good thing when you race for a 15 race average compared to a 30 average for C.A.R.S. Jmop!

Brandon Imhoff

Brandon, I believe that Tracey is going to allow both hoosiers and Goodyears to run the FASTRAK series here in the midwest, so that the CARS drivers do not have to do alot to change. He would be able to tell you if there is any point fund difference, because I am not sure of that.

You do not have to run Goodyear tires to sanction with Fastrak.Most tracks do but there is several that allow Goodyear and Hoosier.
Fastrak is about the only series out there that does that.
Drivers can qualify for nationals as well as get points for Fastrak, but any National races you will have to be on Goodyears.

LOS is going non sanactioned for the crate class. They will follow the UMP rules running the Hoosier wrs-d55 tire.

I am sorry to hear that FASTRAK was not given as an option, but I am really glad that they are not UMP so we can race there occassionally.

Back