Levi Jones To Drive For Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Center Line, Mich. - Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises has named Levi Jones as the driver of the No. 21 Mopar USAC National Sprint Car for the 2006 season.
Jones, the 2005 USAC National Sprint Car Series champion, will also compete in the USAC National Midget Car and Dirt Silver Crown Series for the team. The Olney, Ill., native will compete in the No. 22 USAC Silver Crown Series entry, while his USAC National Midget Car Series number will be determined in the coming weeks.

"I'm looking forward to becoming a part of the Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises team," Jones said. "It's really an honor to work with such a great group of people. Even though I'm leaving a championship team, I know I'm joining another championship team. I'm confident that we'll have a great season."

Jones, who was recently named the 2005 Non-Winged Sprint Car "Driver of the Year" by the North American Non-Winged Sprint Car Series poll voting panel, won five USAC National Sprint Car Series events en route to the series title. The 23-year-old hotshoe is quick to credit his success, in part, to his former team owner, Scott Benic.

"I'd really like to thank Scott [Benic] and the 2B Racing team for the opportunity they gave me," Jones said. " I learned a lot in the year and half I was with them, and the experience I gained will most definitely help me in my career. I'm looking forward to bringing the knowledge I gained to the Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises team."

The 2006 racing season will see Jones make a transition to Mopar engines full time. Jones competed in select events in 2005 with a Mopar powerplant, and he is looking forward to working with Mopar in the coming season.

"We were able to win some events with Mopar power in 2005," Jones said. "I'm looking forward to competing with Mopar full-time next season. The horsepower that the engines produce is definitely an advantage. The power, combined with the great group of guys that make up this team, should make for a very competitive season."

For more information regarding Mopar, Jones or Tony Stewart Racing Enterprises, log on to www.moparspeed.com, www.mopar.com, www.levijones.com or www.tonystewart.com.

Mopar is based in Center Line, Mich., and is the exclusive original equipment supplier of parts and accessories for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles.

Back