looking for a used right hand schroeder steering box

jt78

disabled but able ;)
looking for a used right hand schroeder steering box (pitman arm on right side of car, not left) to mount into my mini sprint car. anyone know where i can get one or if you have one and would like to part with it, leave a response here with details how to contact. thanks.

jim... why do you want to switch from the rack and pinion? i don't know if there is room to mount a midget style gear in your bailey, and i am not sure if you could hold onto it with 1 hand. right hand steer cars are VERY unforgiving on anything but smooth tracks. that's why you see them on pavement cars most.

the rack and pinion really ****s as far as trying to race one handed. i had a schroeder steering in my first midget car and i remember how smooth and easy it was to drive. (steve knepper car). also, the way the steering wheel is mounted is more like a stock car. straight up and down. it would be so much better for me if i can have it more flat like a midget. like a mac truck. as far as fitting, there's no problem. there's another guy at farmington that has this type of steering in his side engine mounted mini sprint and he loves it. so much easier to handle. we took measurements on my car recently for the mounting brackets and it's not a problem.

Not really sure if theres such a thing as a right hand gear, if it sticks out the left side it pushes the drag link to go left,if ya flip it backwards and stick it out the right side it pulls the drag link to go left, in any case call Billy Allen he sells used midget stuff and might be able to help ya.....1-816-373-7102

hi hworrell,
thanks for the heads up but 2 weeks to late. bailey chassis company took care of me with a personalized new swivel steering system that i had installed that is exactly like i wanted without using a schroeder box. at a fraction of the price of a schroeder box too. had i waited i'd be bidding right now. :D anyways, thanks for your help. i'm all done updating the car and ready for racing season to start. see you at the track. ;)

Back