Looking for Pictures of Mike Wallace's center steer car

CHUMBLY

Looking for a picture of Mike Wallace's center steer car #65

I have a picture of that car at tri-city. Give me a few days to get it scanned and I will post it.

If I remember right, I think my Dad told me that "Hot Rod" Herman, bought and raced Wallace's Center Steer in the early 90's

This was taken at Tri -city. I think it was the only modified race that they held. I think it was fifty laps and Mike won it. The first time he raced this car was at Belle-Clair. The car was built by Larry Shaw, and it had a straight front axle then. It went back to Shaw to have a late model type front installed shortly after that Belle-Clair race.

mike wallace.jpg

Attachments

• mike wallace.jpg
    mike wallace.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 316
Actually Allied ran modifieds at Tri-City 93-94. Several people ran center steer cars on the 1/2 mile, Hammerlee, Jeff Johns, Marc McClintock, Jeff Mason, to name a few. Before that Bob Geaschel promoted it one year and ran the old style Modifieds on it.

This is the car he ran some with Allied.
They didn't like the style of this front bumper and wanted to force him to change it to their oval shaped style.
I don't remember if he did or not, I'll try and remember to ask him if I see him in Fla these next few weeks.

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Hard to tell by the picture, is that just a screen or does that car have a windshield?

I thought a guy that used to race back then named Jim Grotha #2 ended up with this car or one just like it???

I have a pic of a red #2 from around that time frame, and from what I remember it looks very similar. If I find the pic and a scanner I'll try to post it.

Back