MACON SPEEDWAY book to be produced in observance of 70th Anniversary!

I can't believe it's been a year since we did the last Springfield Speedway reunion! Sharing memories that shaped our lives. After the outstanding support for the book FAST MEMORIES, Joyce Standridge and I have been approached about doing a similar book on Macon Speedway.

Next year is Macon's 70th anniversary, a real milestone in an industry where tracks come and go. So, with help from the track's ownership and promotion team, it looks like Joyce and I are going to put together the book in time to celebrate. And to those who continue to offer genuine assistance, THANK YOU!

Rick Doty, Paula Thomson and Troy Scott Martin Hogan have provided us with material as has Rich Webb. Charles A Kornewald Jr., Gene Sowers and Jeff Moe have also offered assistance. If you have stories you would like to have shared in the book, photos, news clippings, I assure you we would treat them with the caution and care they deserve and copy them and get the originals back to you.

Contact me or e-mail me at hoosieris1@aol.com and let me know what you may have to assist with the book.

We do this as a love for the sport and to keep memories alive because folks, as the participants in the sport pass on, many times the stories do as well and that is a travesty! Believe me, there are no huge royalties and profits in a book like this, but the joy of keeping the memories alive are priceless!

We also have a limited number of copies of the FAST MEMORIES book on Springfield Speedway available, so if you didn't get a copy of it, let Joyce or I know.

THANKS!
Terry Young
Fast Memories.jpg
Fast Memories.jpg
Fast Memories.jpg
Fast Memories.jpg
Fast Memories.jpg
Fast Memories.jpg

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS Terry and Joyce. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I have a bunch of old pictures from back in the 60's and 70's

Back