Mark Burch Motorsports Powers to Pair of Top 10s at Jackson Nationals

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - JACKSON, Minn. (Sept. 3, 2013) - Mark Burch Motorsports and driver Danny Lasoski recorded a pair of top-10 finishes last weekend at Jackson Speedway in Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour action.

Lasoski was forced to overcome performances in his heat race each night that didn't meet his expectations and put the team in a B Main during the 35 th annual Jackson Nationals.

"No excuses," he said. "The bottom line was that I didn't get the job done in the heat race. For whatever reason I didn't pass enough cars and had to start in a B Main."

Lasoski transferred out of the consolation each night, including a win during a B Main on Saturday, to advance to the feature on both Friday and Saturday.

"I know my guys worked really hard," Lasoski said. "Mark and Shane do an incredible job."

Lasoski rallied from 21st to place ninth on Friday to record Mark Burch Motorsports' 11th top-10 finish of the season.

"When you start 21st you have to go where they are not," Lasoski said. "You play the law of percentages. We had to get our car to work on the bottom. That's not showing how good we were. We had a way better car than ninth."

Lasoski continued the trend on Saturday when he powered from 17th to a fifth-place result.

"We were working the bottom because everybody was on the top," he said. "We made it to fourth and I was starting to race (Brad) Loyet and (Logan) Forler got by me."

It marked the team's 10th top five of the season.

"Jackson is a tricky race track," Burch said. "I think anyone who races on dirt and has any success has to be exceptionally good at getting their car, driver and engine all on the same page. Friday night our baseline just wasn't giving us the feeling Danny wanted and it showed in the results. Getting the extra track time in the B Features both nights gave us some extra laps so that we could make some needed improvements. Although we might not like running ninth or fifth, we had an opportunity to get better - and we did. That is really what it boils down to; all of us doing our jobs to the best of our ability. Hopefully next time out we can accelerate the learning curve. That's what it takes to win races on a consistent basis."

Lasoski and Mark Burch Motorsports are scheduled to compete on Friday and Saturday at 34 Raceway in Burlington, Iowa, with the Midwest Open Wheel Association, and on Sunday at Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Neb., for the Nebraska Cup.

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 30 - Jackson Speedway in Jackson, Minn. - Heat race: 4 (5); B Main: 3 (2); Feature: 9 (21).

Aug. 31 - Jackson Speedway in Jackson, Minn. - Heat race: 5 (7); B Main: 1 (2); Feature: 5 (17).

SEASON STATS -

18 races, 3 wins, 9 top fives, 12 top 10s, 14 top 15s, 14 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Friday and Saturday at 34 Raceway in Burlington, Iowa, with the Midwest Open Wheel Association, and Sunday at Eagle Raceway in Eagle, Neb., for the Nebraska Cup

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbmotorspt

VIDEO -

Check out highlights from Mark Burch Motorsports' victory at Knoxville Raceway on Aug. 24, which was Lasoski's 100th career 410ci win at the famed half-mile track: http://youtu.be/ab6x0Z8OBDw

Here are highlights of the 360 Knoxville Nationals preliminary night win by Mark Burch Motorsports at Knoxville Raceway on Aug. 1: http://youtu.be/RZLvNmvZ8XY

Here are highlights of Mark Burch Motorsports victory at I-80 Speedway on May 23 thanks to Moore Race Videos: http://youtu.be/FQchd9GJmmo

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Wolfweld Chassis

Located in Tea, S.D., Wolfweld is a chassis and custom welding company owned by famous sprint car driver Doug Wolfgang. Mark Burch Motorsports has been running Wolfweld cars fabricated by Wolfgang since 1995.

"Doug Wolfgang has been fabricating winning race cars for our team since 1995," Burch said. "Not only has he been my chassis builder, but he has been my mentor, friend and even my critic. Doug is one of the most dedicated people you will ever meet. His cars are works of art and his welds are the best I have ever seen. He has what some would call 'True Grit.' Doug is the person who taught me how to truly prepare to win races. For that I will be forever grateful. We proudly carry the Wolfweld banner on our nose wing and look forward to the next victory with our Wolfweld chassis."

Mark Burch Motorsports would also like to thank Engler Machine & Tool, Inc., AFCO Gas Shocks by Speedway Motors, King Racing Products, Joe Gibbs Driven Race Oil, Speedway Motors, Speedway Shock Service, Hot Dot, Inc., Dyer's Top Rods, Wireless Amber Alerts, Hoosier Tire, Arrow Truck Sales, Donovan Blocks, Diamond Pistons, Rod End Supply, Saldana Racing Products, MSD Ignition, Vortex Wings, S & S Welding, Inc., Lee Power Steering, Gessford Machine, DMI Bulldog Rears, Wulff Pumps, Schoenfeld Headers, Red Devil Brakes, Total Seal Piston Rings, Huggins Cams, Weld Racing Wheels, Goodridge Fluid Transfer Systems, Harris Decals and Awesome Racewear for their continued support.

Back