MARS to make another appearance at I-44 Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Dusty Luthy

LEBANON - Terry Phillips. Bill Frye. Wendell Wallace. Those names and more will all be at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway this weekend for another Mid America Racing Series Late Model feature.

Frye is currently the points leader in the MARS series and will undoubtedly be looking for his third series victory this season. Frye won the first MARS race of the season at I-44 Speedway in April.

MARS will begin its Missouri swing racing at Bolivar Speedway USA on Friday night and will continue on Saturday at I-44 Speedway. Phillips won both MARS races at the tracks back in July and has three MARS victories on the season.

Local drivers expected to compete include Brandon McCormick, Brad Looney and Justin Wells.

Gates will open at 5 p.m. with an adult grandstand admission of $15. Tier parking will be $20 for the special event. Juniors are $5 and children 12 and under are always free.

MARS will be back for one final race this season. The Larry Phillips Memorial, held September 22 and 23 will feature some of the top dirt Late Model drivers in the nation. The memorial race will be the last race of the season at the speedway.

Also racing Saturday night at I-44 Speedway will be Modifieds, Factory Stocks, Bombers and Pro-4s in points competitions.

Back