Metric Bomber suspension info Please

fastrnu

Racer
Hello all i got my 1983 olds cutlass caged out by TCI in charleston, IL they did a great job at resonable price. Now i have a few questions on setting up front end of car i will be running at brownstown or flora dirt tracks. First is the steering gear box. I have an olds 442 parts car is the steering box on it any differnt than on the cutlass> 442 box has #'s 7826692, 7812145, 5693463 not sure which is part#. If it is not any differnt give me a part # for the box i need please. Also what should be done to make car handle i am replacing springs and shocks not sure if i need differnet spindles or a-arms etc. if i do please tell me where to buy i don't have welder and cannot fabricate control arms. Any other info u have that will help me get my car to handle out of the box i know it will need tweeking once i get going. also what kinda alignment spec am i looking for will have all that set before i head to track. thanks in advance all.

A little help

I can help you out a bit.

The steering box from your 442 car is a slow ratio. You need to find a box from a camaro or S-10 truck or blazer.They have a quicker ratio that allows less turning of the wheel.A BIG help!!!!!

Your stock A arms & spindles are fine to use.

As far as alignment settings, I have never been to brownstown, so no help there.

Hope this helps!!!:cool:

Back