Mike Marlar Advances Twenty-Two Positions in Show Me 100 Finale

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Winfield, Tennessee (05/30/13) - Mike Marlar found himself behind the eight ball early in the Show Me 100 weekend in his #5b Bryson Motorsports/Rocket/Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model, but by the time the checkered flag dropped on the $30,000-to-win finale he was credited with a top ten place finish.

Mike Marlar entered the opening night of the 21st Annual Show Me 100 on Thursday night at Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Missouri), which was headlined by a $5,000-to-win, Lucas Oil MLRA Super Late Model event at the state-of-the-art, 3/8 mile oval. A stout field of seventy-three entries were on hand for the race, and with passing points being in effect, heat race line-ups were determined by the pill draw. Mike drew a large number at registration, which resulted in him starting ninth in the first heat race on a very slick track. He only managed to advance a single spot in his heat, which left him starting twelfth in his b-main. Despite starting deep in the field he mounted a charge to a third place finish in the b-main. However, with only the top two cars transferring to the feature his night came to an early end. Full results from Thursday night's event are available at www.MLRARacing.com .

On Friday evening the qualifying and preliminary action was held for the $30,000-to-win, 21st Annual Lucas Oil Show Me 100 at Lucas Oil Speedway as seventy-two competitors returned for battle. Qualifications resulted in Mike starting second in his heat race, but on a rough track he slipped to a fourth place finish, which left him one spot short of locking into the feature.

On Saturday night Marlar started on the front row of a b-main, but again fell one spot short of a transfer to the feature. As a result he earned a starting spot in the Midwest Sheet Metal Non-Qualifiers Race. After a heated battled with Travis Dickes, Marlar claimed the win in the $2,000-to-win race. He was given the option in victory lane to take the winner's check or to start on the tail of the 100 lap finale. Being the racer that Marlar is he elected to take the starting spot in the crown jewel, where he started twenty-ninth on the grid. Despite starting deep in the field he passed twenty-two entries in the feature to register a strong second place finish. Full results from the event are available at www.LucasDirt.com .

"I have to thank the great folks at Midwest Sheet Metal for sponsoring the non-qualifier's race this year," comments Marlar. "Without them, I would've never had a chance to have such a strong showing in the feature. Chris and Jan (Davis) do so much to support our team and our sport. I can't thank them enough!"

Sunday night found the team pitted at Tri City Speedway (Pontoon Beach, Illinois) for the Budweiser 50, which posted a $10,000 winner's check for the UMP sanctioned event. Thirty-four drivers took to the 3/8 mile oval, and Mike started his night by qualifying fastest in his group. He then finished second in his heat race to lock into the sixth starting spot for the feature. Unfortunately on the first lap of the finale he made contact with the wall, which bent the lower control arm and ended his night in the 20th position. Full results are available at www.TriCitySpeedway.net .

This Saturday, June 1st Mike Marlar and Bryson Motorsports will travel to Florence Speedway (Union, Kentucky) for a $10,000-to-win, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) event at the 1/2 mile oval. For more information on the event, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Mike Marlar would like to thank his sponsors and marketing partners including Bryson Motorsports, Bert, Clements Racing Engines, Convenient Lube, Currin Construction, Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption, Dominator Race Products, FK Rod Ends, Fragola, GW Performance, Graphic Impressions, H&H Painting & Drywall, Hoosier Racing Tire, Integra Racing Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Marlar & Sons Auto Salvage, Midwest Sheet Metal, MSR Mafia, Peterson Fluid Systems, Powers Performance, Rocket Chassis, SEG LLC, Sweet Manufacturing, VP Racing Fuels, Wiles Driveshafts, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Mike Marlar please visit www.MikeMarlar.net .

Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia - www.MSRMafia.com

The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back