Mike McClemente

race watcher

Was that Mike McClemente I saw at I-55 Saturday night? Have you moved back to the St Louis area? I really do miss the great pictures that you always took at the area tracks----you are truely missed by the fans, drivers and sponsors. I haven't seen any pictures worth buying since you left.

Best wishes to you!:D

I'll second that thought on the pics.....He did always take good pics. And yeah that was him walking in the pits saturday night. I was kinda stunned to see him there too. Come back Mike!!!!!:D

Tom

Clemente spotting

I saw him also. Got to speak with him briefly. It was good to see him. And I agree his work was AWESOME!!!!!
Lisa ;)

Hope to see him again!

Mike had the best racing pictures I have ever seen at any track. I am sorry I missed him, maybe next time he around I will get to see him again.

It was good to see Mike again. I hope that you get home soon and hope that you can get back into doing track photography---you do have awesome pictures!

:) Laura

Hopefully, he'll be back

I talked to Mike for a long time Saturday night. He's really hoping to be able to come back and is workig on it. It all depends on his job - which I can't get into the details.

He expressed that he would definitely be interested in working out a deal with Management at I-55 to take pictures again, but does not know what the current agreement is with the track and the current "photographer" that they have.

He said that he misses everyone and misses dealing with all the fans and drivers. He would offer the same deal as before - which is to sell the pictures to cover his costs. After talking to him last year about the business, seeing what he paid out in equipment and supplies versus what he took in every week, I can assure everyone that he wasn't getting rich off the business.

He was there as a fan and supporter of auto racing and was trying to return the enjoyment that he got out of doing the work back to his customers. He gave the extra effort to take the shots that people had wanted. He had pictures of EVERY race winner no matter who they were or what they were driving.

I wish Mike the best of luck in getting relocated back to this area. If he does, we can only hope that he can work something out at I-55 and at Belle-Claire.

(Also, just for the record, Todd Hunter was also a great photographer ay I-55)

Re: Hope to see him again!

Originally posted by RaceFan72
I am sorry I missed him, maybe next time he around I will get to see him again.

I talked to Mike on Saturday and he said he might be at I-55 again this Saturday.

~patti~

I KNOW A FEW DRIVERS WHO USED TO BUY THE LITTLE PICS FROM MIKE TO GIVE TO KIDS AND AUTOGRAPH SEEKERS. THEY TRIED TO GET THEM FROM THE CURRENT GUY, BUT THE PRICE WAS OUTRAGEOUS. MIKE WAS ALWAYS FLEXABLE WITH THE PRICES AND WAS WILLING TO WORK A DEAL.

I MISS THOSE SEASON ENDING SPECIALS........:D

BETTER THAN EATING THEM.

Back