Mobery Speedway??

Has anyone heard anything on the rules or what sanction they will be running under?

Will they be running B-Mods? If so will they be under the USRA rules as well? Will the track be making any of thier "own rules"?

Great info. Thank you. I was looking at the rules page on the USRA web site. I see Mods, Alternitive Mods and B-mods. My question is are the Mod rules and Alternitive mod rules related? I plan on building a B-Mod and I have never heard of the "alternitive mod" rules.

If you're running a b-mod then build it to the USRA b-mod rules. A certain few tracks run the Alt. mod rules, Moberly will run the standard modified rules as far as I know.

Thanks for the info, I started building this car end of last season for my son and we were going to race at Montgomery. Needless to say that tracks future looks very uncertain. It amazes me how the tracks in this area refuse to get on the same page as far as rules.

Montgomery will be open and using same rules as last year. Most likely dropping either hornets or sportsmans and adding ASCS sprints twice a month. Really think its a mistake Moberly didn't go UMP, especially with Callaway, Quincy, MMP, and now West Burlington. Only class same within 100mi is ULMA lates at Callaway, and the Fulton guys probably will mostly travel to Wheatland. Doesn't make much sense to me but guess they think they are on to something offering a different rules option.

Ok I will say it, Not trying to start a argument just want to build my car to the rules. What exactly is Montgomery going to run as rules? I know people will say UMP....and thats great. Problem is last year they pretty much left the b-mods wide open. I dont think I ever saw a true tech take place. I can even think of one instance where they let a guy with a quick change run with the B's. For rules to work they have to be enforced reguardless of you are or what your last name is as well as having a tech guy that knows what he is looking for. Any word on who will be teching the cars?

That b mod question is one for Randy. Go to the site get his number and call him. I think rules same as last year. Don't know about tech. But agree it is lacking..
And Moberly is not in our plans as long as MMP is open now if Moberly ran ump and MMP was closed I might have ran there, just don't see their decision with the mods very good for its future. Maybe I'm wrong but we will see.
I got ulma survey today and noticed Callaway not listed? Brings up the question why? There has been the UMP rumor there? Just don't see $$$ there to do it.

Lets be honest, Most to all of the B-Mods at MMP are really nothing more then an A-Mod with a Holley 500. I have spoke with two very well known engine builders in the area and they have B-Mod motors sitting in there shops right now where the cost of the build was 12 to 15k. Thats not budget racing. B-Mods are just that, an economical way to go racing. That is where I believe Moberly will have an advantage. The USRA rules seem to be built around being cost effective. Just compare the two side by side. USRA mirror the IMCA rules in almost everyway. Cubic inch limit, no stroker motors, block mount fuel pumps, HEI ignition, 3-Link suspesion, stock 3 or 4 speed trans ,solid pullbar or rubber biscuit. These are just some of the rules that make sense for the budget racer. Look at al the componets I listed above and UMP allows aftermarket everything.......aftermarket equals increased cost. I am not saying one is better then the other. Just an observation, seems to me if you can afford a UMP B-Mod you should just buy a four barrel and run with the A-Mod cars. (I know there is more to it, just sarcasm)
Right now with the state of the economy and people really watching thier budgets tracks should look at more cost effective classes. I believe this will increase car counts. Increased car counts will equal more fans in the stands which promotes more beer and concession sales creating more profit.
My biggest issue is with rules enforcement. I have visited all the local tracks and really have not ever seen a true tech line. Where I am from each class had a tech crew. Usually retired racers that new every cheat trick in the book. As soon as you unloaded your car was teched and and a seal placed around the roof post to show you had been inspected. No seal and you didnt go on the track........simple as that. Theory is you keep the cars legal and drivers honest and the racing will be alot closer as all cars are at least at the same level as well as really showing who did and didnt have true wheel man talent. Enforce the rules and you wont have your select group of fat wallet teams out running the single guy doing it on a budget.

I am glad to hear that MMP is going to race again next year. But how do you know for sure that MMP is going to open? And who is going to be running the weekly shows there next year?? Any answers would be great. Thanks!!

My guess is the lack of consistent support from ULMA to Callaway Raceways makes them not want to deal with that again. Most weeks they were just a hassle to deal with.

I don't think UMP's business model centers around affordable racing on a budget and I don't think that's ever been their intention either. At least I haven't seen the evidence that would other wise change my opinion.

For RCR to go USRA seems on the surface a bad idea. When in fact a UMP dominated area RCR and USRA will be a clever alternative for those who don't like UMP. The A Modified are quite close aside from tires(a way better tire I think) and the budgetary constraints of a crap economy we all know wont get better for at least four years it's going to be a good thing.

I think the sanctioning body debate is missing the main point though. The bigger picture tells me more racers care more about fairness and a well run program more than the sanctioning, payouts, location, etc. We all know that MMP needs help with their program and so if RCR runs a quality business they will succeed in Mid MO where their aren't any and haven't been since the early 90's.

That b mod question is one for Randy. Go to the site get his number and call him. I think rules same as last year. Don't know about tech. But agree it is lacking..
And Moberly is not in our plans as long as MMP is open now if Moberly ran ump and MMP was closed I might have ran there, just don't see their decision with the mods very good for its future. Maybe I'm wrong but we will see.
I got ulma survey today and noticed Callaway not listed? Brings up the question why? There has been the UMP rumor there? Just don't see $$$ there to do it.

With Burlington running UMP late models, the Quincy area late models will be going to Burlington on Saturday nights. Thus, it does make sense that Moberly is going the ULMA late model route.

Only time will tell who will go where and who is gonna treat us racers the best out west and north of stl. All I can promise is I'm takin my 2 latemodels to MP, beyond that I am still trying to decide. If ULMA makes some adjustments so its easier to get ump cars to run with them I'll commit to them too on off days.

Back