Modified Tires

JPR

Grooving and siping allowed on the modified tires?

Grooving and siping allowed on the modified tires?

Rule 14 of the Modified Section - SFCR 2007 Rule Book

14. TIRES AND WHEELS: Must use unaltered American Racer tire or Hoosier G-60 (KK704) with I.M.C.A. stamped on sidewall. No softening, conditioning, siping or grooving of tires. No re-caps. Aluminum or steel spacers only. May use I.M.C.A. approved bead lock, on right rear only. External, steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than 8 inches and no wider than 8.75 inches. Must use only steel bolts. One foam type or plastic mud cap allowed on right rear only. Rim-mounted bleeder valves allowed.

Ok

Ok, thanks Mike. Thats what i read in the rules also. Just wanted to make sure since Fredericktown is allowing it.

tire conditioning

so basically your telling us that you dont want our tires to stick to the track,you would rather us slide across the track into another car or the wall.doesnt make much sense to me,i would think conditioning the tires would make better racing conditions all the way around plus more tires would be bought since we are grinding them.more wrecks, more cautions,less tires being bought,seems like to me that someone hasnt thought this trough all the way.if any others racers feel this way please reply on this matter,i believe it benifits everybody here.doug declue #68 modified.

i think what they mean by conditioning is no chemical additive on the tire you can still grind the tire please correct me if i am wrong someone
richie standridge

i think what they mean by conditioning is no chemical additive on the tire you can still grind the tire please correct me if i am wrong someone
richie standridge

Grind tires? that would be hard one to police, seen a lot of teams doing it in the pits between races. Would grooving tires stop wrecks on the track? i'm not so sure of that, but it would add a bit of life to a set that is otherwise used up. When we race at SFCR it will be by their rules.

Back