Montgomery Motorsports Park 2014

westlingracing

Race or Die
With 2013 being financially successful running a limited schedule of sprint cars. They are looking for someone to run a weekly show in 2014, or even someone to buy the track. If anyone is interested or knows someone interested pm me a phone number to pass along to the owners. I had a list from over the past few years but it got lost, so even if someone that may have passed it to me or even the track owners, please send it again. They seem to be better prepared to make a reasonable decision now. They would like to have something decided on by the end of November.

Just wanted to bump this up. Also if people are interested in just helping a new promoter. I can pass that info on. And there has been talk of interested parties. Nothing directly from any parties to me though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Confirmed today there are currently 2 people/groups interested. IF Randy does run it would be Latemodels, umpModifieds, and a 4 cyl class weekly, with a 4th class possibly. And there WILL be specials with Sprints like they had this year.

Nothing else was said. Not much more than a few sentences. I try not to ask too much. Last year I got my hopes up and it didnt happen. Kinda hard to take it too serious again. But at least there is some talk again. Maybe this time it will develop into a weekly deal again.

Something should be final if the most likely deal happens by Thanksgiving. Would be Saturdays. Ump latemodels. Possibly USRA modifieds if there is interest in people having that option in the area. And a 4cyl. Class. Cant say much else at this time. Just letting the public know there is something in the works and if not done this month, then we start all over again with less odds it will re open next season.

Last edited:
Wouldn't get any USRA mods on Saturdays imo. All the guys will go to moberly, wheatland, valley, lamonte, lebanon, Springfield. So if they're set on Saturdays may as well go ump.

Gives the stl area racers an option if they are not wanting ump. Just questioning weather there would be enough defectors or not. Moberly is 80 miles away thats the closest saturday track with those rules. Usra is growing and the two tracks are totally different so just something that is being considerrd. Also usmts specials could happen and the rules are closer to usra than ump.

why in the world would they go usra? the average 25 ump mods a night the last time they were opened. iy was one of the best classes as far as support they got. I don't get it.

HARD tires that LAST, 99% of the cars run 23 degree heads, $1500 if you win your track points, good national points fund . Why would anybody NOT want to race USRA? Steve

One reason is everything west is usra. And people complain about ump for mod sanctioning. Just thinking of options.

We have enough UMP Tracks around here,I'm open to a change. 80 miles between tracks and nights won't affect car counts,look how many tracks run UMP on Sat. around here....I agree with Picou.

How many times is this track going to try stock cars? With so many tracks in the same general area already running stock cars aren't you just going to be spreading them and the potential paying customers even thinner? What's going to be different enough to cause a good number of fans and cars to change what they've been doing and come here instead? Can you realistically expect to be successful by offering basically the same as those other tracks or will you just be hoping to tread water? Wouldn't you have a better chance to be successful by offering something that doesn't already exist in the area? After the apparent success of the recent sprint shows, I'm wondering why aren't they even a consideration for top class? Just curious..

There will be MOWA or ASCS specials. Probably at least 3 or 4 even if they dont open weekly. Weekly probably wont happen because potential promoter has no interest in them. When we helped out in Denver in the late 90s we alternated sprints and latemodels every other week, and once a month ran them on the same night. It worked pretty good. I will bring up that idea when the time comes. There has been talk that someone is thinking of opening Lake Ozark. Not even sure if they have talked with Kevin? Maybe he can verify if there has at least been some interest shown.

as far as don running mmsp, which is worse dealing with the fairboard at belleville or no beer sales at montgomery....why not alternate ulma late models and sprints with moberly. that way both classes have a place to run every weekend just alternating between 2 tracks ..

Back