Montgomery Motorsports Park????

Any word? Lots of rumors and hearsay. Can anyone verify they are running next year? Any word on who will be operating the track? Same rules and classes as last year? I am guessing there will be a very different payout structure?

Yep open for sure now. Adding ASCS sprints probablya couple times a month and dropping either hornets or sportsmen, maybe both? Purse wasn't mentioned to me, but I'm sure Randy is figuring that out if he already hasn't. with ASCS a couple times a month it was mentioned alternating some classes on and off weeks. I been wanting to see Randy personally myself but been too busy. If anyone else can confirm details before I do please do.

Glad to hear it! Again though no offense to anyone hear but I would like to see some sort of verification from Randy or possibly the group of people that will be running it as well as a clear an concise set of rules and classes. There have been several people speculate on Montgomery as well as Moberly as far as status but we have yet to see any anouncements from the owner/operators themselves.

Better get someone to run the place that actually knows something about dirt track racing! Not ripping on Casey, but the owner. Worst pay scale I've ever seen for a LM class too

Better get someone to run the place that actually knows something about dirt track racing! Not ripping on Casey, but the owner. Worst pay scale I've ever seen for a LM class too
How do you figure it was the worse pay scale? They offered the best pay in the area and no one would show up. Randy is about bankrupt and it might not last long there... He was talking about filing bankruptcy at the end of last season..

Best pay?
1st- $1000
2nd- $500
3rd- $300
4th-20th- $200
That is why no LMs showed up!

Look, love the track, just had a few issues there the last night and would drive to Mexico b4 i stopped there to race again.

Best pay?
1st- $1000
2nd- $500
3rd- $300
4th-20th- $200

Look, love the track, just had a few issues there the last night and would drive to Mexico b4 i stopped there to race again.

Come on back to I55 would love to see you come back and bring Denny with ya.

Much better than $25 to start and $500 to win at Fulton. That's our option out west.
not fair to compare payout for supers to limited. but its much better then fulton, and as long as a short field shows up at mmsp take advantage of the pay and less travel miles

Best pay?
1st- $1000
2nd- $500
3rd- $300
4th-20th- $200

yes this payout here is bullsh-t...but when they first opened it was a Hell of a payout and the best around. When you pay that much and nobody shows up pay is gonna get cut. If ya don't mind what car you drive. I agree come back to pevely cause its the nicest track on that side of the river.

not fair to compare payout for supers to limited. but its much better then fulton, and as long as a short field shows up at mmsp take advantage of the pay and less travel miles

Honestly the only difference is motor rule. And some limited cars spend just as much as most supers do.
And the reason purse had to change wasn't the latemodel car count but the support classes. Randy asked all us drivers running there regularly how we wanted the purse structure and he did what the majority feedback gave him.

Honestly the only difference is motor rule. And some limited cars spend just as much as most supers do.
And the reason purse had to change wasn't the latemodel car count but the support classes. Randy asked all us drivers running there regularly how we wanted the purse structure and he did what the majority feedback gave him.

Question? What did the support classes have to do with the purse being cut? The A Mods always seemed to have at least 20 cars, The B Mods were the largest class out there. The Pro 4's had a slow start but the count picked up fairly quickley. The decision to let the sportsmen run was the tracks choice mid year. What exactly were the Late Model guys told as far as the support classes causing thier purse to be cut?

The expectation was they would have 20-30 hornets and a full field of crate latemodels. After a couple weeks the crates were dropped. And the sportsmans were added because they had so many that promised to come run there. Those classes were supposed to bring enough additional people into the pits it would cover the latemodel purse. Latemodels up to up to that point had car counts in the 20's and were running bmains. I even won one. And even after the purse structure change we were mid to upper teens. Latemodels will be there but it is possible that the night's the sprints run latemodels or one of the mod classes will be off. we will have to see what the schedule shows.

With everything that has gone on with MMSP its beginning to sound like the Del and Mel show all over again.

Back