Most Improved so far

ac04

It's been an exciting race season thus far. All the classes at Pevely are stacked with drivers that are getting better and starting to compete week in and week out with the great veteran drivers. The number 7 modified has been the guy who pushed Weber the past 2 weeks, Algaier will not make it easy for Dixon to take home another crown. Here are my most improved, whats yours?

LM-Justin Algaier (he can drive alot better than I can spell)
Mod-Mark Miner hands down.
Sportsman-Mike Nichollson has been good with this deep class. I'd say it's gonna be tough to break the top 5 with Horton Naeger Stuppy Belken Baumann Lowry battling.

Voigt had everyone covered last night, that's for sure. :) But can a guy that's run for as long as he has really be considered for most improved? :confused:

Some of you probably remember a few years back, Mark Miner raced with the big dogs in Hav-a-Tampa series. Mark is no rookie in setting up a car. He's been doing a great job. He'll win a couple before the season is over. Justin Allgaier is on a roll right now driving the heck out of the 1A in the Late Models. Mark Miner is definitely an excellent choice for the Modified division. On July 1st a couple of modifieds (89), (99), (!D) will have to give up their Gremlin roofs which will take off several tenths of seconds on their lap times- then watch Miner go. In Sportsman division always liked Belkin, believe Horton and Naeger will give him a run for his money. It's going to be an exciting year in all three divisions. Just my opinion!!

Horton has really been dominant. I talked with Belken some today and he is very impressed at how well Horton handles this year. He also mentioned that Horton deals with lap traffic very well. After last year's nightmare-ish season...I would have to give him most improved.

I Agree With The Ricky Horton Pick. He Has Always Been A Good Wheel. But, This Season He Has The Best Stuff He Has Ever Had. A Brand New Jumper Car And The Motor Is Holding Up This Year. I Wasn't There Saturday, But I Was Told He Hot Lappped A Late Model(i Assume Danny Haynes')??? And Looked Really Good In It.

Buddy Lowry Is Doing A Lot Better With His New Jumper Car Also. I Think If Eddie Could Get His Car To Turn As Good As Buddy's, He'd Be A Lot Faster!

MARK MINER HAS CAME ON REALLY STRONG HERE RECENTLY. BUT, LIKE BISCUITEATER SAID HE'S NO BEGINNER, JUST NOT A HOUSEHOLD NAME YET!

So far I think the big story at I55 this season in the sportsman division is the consistancy of Ricky Horton. Over the last few years Ricky's had fast nights and bad nights and never could string the good nights together. I'm not sure what he's done for this season but he appears to be much more poised, and even handed than in years past.

In the Modifieds Bob Bittle flexing muscle at I55 has been a change.

Late Models haven't really had a break out performance yet, other than by Dixon and Algaier. Mark Oller and Tim Ratacjzyk have strugled early this season. Dean Motsinger has started improving and had a really good run last Saturday night.

In the Pro 4's Homer Moody has a bad fast escourt, the increased numbers for the class is starting to provide for some really entertaining 4 wide racing.

That's how I see it so far the season.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Vote for Wackymac19

My vote would have to be for Wackymac19! Since he has been driving the Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers Pace Truck at I-55, he has officially and successfully completed more laps around the track without hitting anything (or breaking anything) than he has ever done in a race car!

(Mike, extensive research was done on this one with the help of all of your closest friends. By the way... both of them agreed with me!)

Mike is getting nervous though. This is the first time he has been on the track with no one in front of him. He almost got lost in turn 1 Saturday night with no one to follow! :D

I rest my case - both of them just backed me up within twenty minutes of my original post! You can't even get a pizza that quick! Not even in a Hemi!

Hey I'm not a friend, just president of the Wackymac fan club. By the way, we are taking donations of used, plain T-shirts for WmFC. We are only in need of 2 right now, cuz we need a spare!

Back