need directions to state fair

upsmanluvracin

please help me, I need directions to the race sat nite at Sedalia speedway...... thanks for the help

You could go across I-70 to 65 South. That will take you to the track. Also 50 hwy runs straight into Sedalia. The Fairgrounds are basically at the intersection of 65 - 50. It's been along time sence I went straight to the grandstands side so thats all I can help you with. Maybe SamIam will be more informative.

I 70 past Columbia to Highway 65 south about 30 miles and you'll see signs on where to get off the highway. Not sure of the exit ramp.

John Barr
The Trashdog

upsman

When you come across I-70 take Hwy 65 south into Sedalia. You will come to Hwy 50/Hwy 65 junction, go straight on through staying on 65, about 1 mile down the road you will see fairgrounds signs, make a right at the intersection and then the first left into the fairgrounds. At this point you cannot miss the huge grandstands. Drive straight toward the grandstands and they will flag you to the parking lot. Hopefully they will have the tractor wagon running to take people from the parking lot to the stands, otherwise it's a heck of a long walk after parking. Bring binauculars, this is a 1/2 mile track. The track does rent out seat backs/cushions and has a large selection of food/sodas/beer.

later,
samIam

thank you everybody for your imput.... Besides Dixon, who else from the St Louis area will be there..... thanks again guys for your help

It would be nice to see more of the UMP late model guys there but it probably just isn't going to happen. Montgomery County is about an 1 and 45 minutes from Sedalia, those would be the only ones I would think besides Ed that would show up, if any at all. I think most of the UMP guys have either hung it up for the season or traveled over for the UMP finale at Eldora. I guess back in the day Bo Smith and Kevin Gundaker as well and a few others raced at Sedalia, I've seen the pictures of their cars out here on the track.

It would be cool if UMP would just change their rules enough to have some series versus series races like xTreme just did with the Renegade series. There are about three out here they could run against to include MARS, MLRA, TORA and WDRL.

You will however get to see other late model sanction stars from MARS, MLRA and WDRL. Also, NASCAR late model drivers such as the Kosiskis and Kyle Berck are scheduled to appear along with Gary Webb. I wish Ray Guss, Jr., would show up but Gary Webb didn't seem to think he would when we talked to him in the pits out at Lakeside last week.

All the KC area websites are stating that they are expecting around 50 late models for the race. It's just like any other money race, whomever shows up at race time is anyone's guess.

This one is a 5 grand to win race and pays pretty decent down through the field. Some of the local guys that should be there include Chris Smyser, Dave Meyer, Richard Foster and Randy McGraw.

I will of course be rooting for Big Ed but also Terry Phillips, Jason Bodenhammer, and Al Purkey.

Hope to meet some of you if you decide to come out, I'll have my blue, white and purple lightning bolt Billy Moyer hat on. I like to sit up high in the stands so you can see everything on the 1/2 mile.

Be safe on crazy I-70 if you decide to come out here. If you are coming from a way to use the bypass 370 around St. Charles do it, you will come out in O'Fallon, MO and then head straight over to the Highway 65 exit. Once you leave I-70 it's about 20 miles to the track.

samIam

If you are going to the grandstands, you need to turn right on 16th street. It is the next light past 50 hwy. Go about half a block and you will see the Main entrance. The Sheriffs Explores will tell you where to park. If want the pits stay on 65 about half a mile to you see the pit entrance. it is at the visters center(which is a railroad car).

thanks for the help yall and you will see us there also... sounds like its going to be a good nite of racing... The wife and 2 sons and I will be in Eddie Dixon shirts..... thanks again everybody It guess shows we are one big family,even if we root for different drivers

Sedalia has a great track, the wife and i try to get to it everytime we get over to visit her family (cole camp). LOL, we even got her sister and neice loving the track. they are very well organized, clean, and great entertainment. we might just see you all over there.

:cool: :cool:

Back