next belleville midget and mini sprint race canceled ?

jt78

disabled but able ;)
say it isn't so. i just read that it is over at ill mo mini sprints message board. :confused:

yes it's been called off because of low turnout in stands.That is a shame,they put on a great show,track is perfect for them.Whoever is in charge needs to promote there events more.If you aren't an avid fan that follows them,you won't know they're having a race.Better luck next year!!

your info is incorrect. it was not called off due to low turn out in the stands.better recheck your info sources before getting on here and acting like some sort of authority.the promoter has been very happy with the attendance this year.

I would like to thank all of our sponsors, competitors and fans for supporting us over the last three years. I am very disappointed that this last race will not happen. I will no longer be associated with the Gateway Open Wheel Racing Series. Kenny Brown will be in full control of that. People have asked if there will be midget and micro racing at Belle-Clair next year and I cannot answer that question. I hope so.

Brian Thompson

So if the promoter was happy with the fan turnout, why was it cancelled?
What's the reason for the cancellation?

I agree, the shows there have been excellent.

There are some problems. I will be the first to admit. Nothing with the drivers or MARA had to do with it. Our first night and fair night crowds were good. We had one bad night in July when it was 100 degrees and thunderstorm warnings all over. Some things just dont need to be discussed on an internet message board.

Fair enough Brian. I appreciate your desire to deal with the issue with the highest integrity. (something missing in our day)

I also greatly appreciate your efforts toward the growth and promotion of open wheel racing in the area.

No problem. The midget deal is tough. Without our sponsors we would have never made it this far. I would really like to do the races again next year but this is a major setback and there are some issues that need to be resolved before that can happen. I appreciate your post and enjoy the rest of the racing season.

Brian Thompson

Sad to hear. I personally would love to see the midgets back at Belle-Claire next year. What I would really like to see is a track run midgets on a weekly basis like Angell Park up in Wisconsin but I highly doubt that'll happen around here.

An area midget track would be great. MARA has a decent field of cars but if you could run a midget every week locally I think there would be many more.

The Belleville openwheel races were always fun to attend. It's discouraging to see people like Brian Thompson have problems. He is an honest guy who really likes open wheel racing. He has worked very hard to put on the races we've had. We need more people like him who are willing to give the effort it takes to pull these things off. I respect his integrity and hope he can find a way to stay involved next year.

We can help him a great deal but attending the All-Star sprint races he has scheduled in the coming weeks at Macon and Belleville. Good luck Brian.

SFCR would be a great place to add the Midgets to on a weekly basis. They're already accustom to open wheel racing and utilizing push trucks. I know I'd be there on a regular basis splitting time between there and I-55! Speaking of I-55, we need to see Midgets there again!!!!!!

have to ask the new track management at SFCR why no midget shows there. i know why,but i don't wanna start a bunch of stuff here on the board.

yeah i would love to see some more midget shows around here with the micros and the sprint cars i think there needs to be some more big open wheel races around here.

Back