Oaklevel Raceway joins the weekly Fastrak sanction ranks for 2006

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Oak Level Raceway in Oak Level, VA joins the growing list of tracks nationwide to become a Fastrak Champions Series sanctioned facility. The 3/8’s mile tri-oval has been in operation under the ownership of David Lee Howerton since 2000 when it was lengthened from it’s original ¼ mile layout to a tight 3/8 mile racetrack with 12 degrees of banking. After the 2001 season, the track was widened, combined with an increase in radius in both turns. Howerton had heard about Fastrak weekly sanction from a former OLR employee who is now working at Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, VA. “Lisa had talked to me about Fastrak on several occasions, finally leading to a conversation with Stan Lester,” said Howerton. “After a good conversation with Lester, OLR couldn’t wait to get signed up for the 2006 season.” Stan Lester, Fastrak founder, agrees “David Lee and I have been talking for a couple of months now. I had the opportunity to meet David Lee at PRI and knew instantly Oak Level would be a great addition to Fastrak, his interests mirror that of Fastrak.”

“Fastrak crate racing allows the local racer--or the racer with a limited travel budget to race “like one of the big boys” at a “low boy cost,” continued David Lee, “the drivers in the area are excited with our decision also. They now have two tracks within an easy drive of each other to race at. The fans are equally excited with our decision. With OLR being only 20 or so minutes from Martinsville, we are deep in racing country and have no shortage of racing fans in the area.” Howerton added “Our drivers are looking forward to an hour and a half live TV show that we air weekly--the response has been overwhelming. We are really getting the word out about crates, as well as Fastrak.” Lester adds, “Considering he and Brown at Wythe Raceway are very close in proximity and with Oak Level racing on Friday nights and Wythe Saturday nights, it gives our competitors the opportunity to race both nights for National Points and not spend a fortune in doing so. I welcome all of the OLR racers to the Fastrak family and can’t wait to see these guys race for the Fastrak $250,000 National Points Championship.”

When asked how his experience with Fastrak has been, Howerton said “Stan has been there to answer any and all questions we have had to date, and in some instances has answered questions before we had them. One of the things that all of the competitors and staff at OLR are really looking forward to is the Fastrak technical training. “As you know,” stated Howerton, “competitors are thinking daily about gaining an advantage, and with Fastrak’s help and training, we will be able to stay one step ahead of them.”

www.fastrakracing.com

Back