Oct. 25 BROWNSTOWN BASH Fast Approaching! Wing 410 Sprints/Late Models/Mods/Micros

Jon Mooney

BROWNSTOWN, IL: "Are you going to The Bash?" That's the question race fans in the Midwest are asking as preparations are being made for the inaugural "Brownstown Bash" to be held in just a few short weeks on Saturday, October 25th at the Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Illinois.

Touted by race promoter Brian Thompson as "Four Divisions In One Day For Under 20 Bucks", the exciting race program will feature Winged 410 "Outlaw" Sprint Cars, UMP Late Models, UMP Modifieds and NAMARS 600 cc Micro Sprints. Adult tickets are just $18. A special "Halloween Party" is in the works as well.

The high banked quarter mile dirt track, located in central Illinois, will be a busy place on October 25th but race time is scheduled for an early 4:30 pm start. In an effort to speed the show along, all heat races will be lined up by pill draw. There will be no qualifying time trails.

Interstate Racing Association's Steve Sinclair will be the event's competition director. Sinclair, president of the successful IRA sprint car touring group, will be helping on the pit area-side and is highly respected among competitors in the Midwest.

As many area tracks will have completed their seasons by October 25th, a stellar field of winged sprint cars from Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa and Wisconsin can be expected with many surprise entries possible.

One such surprise is journeyman open-wheel driver Mike Hess who has recently announced his intentions of being at "The Bash" on October 25th. Hess will be strapping into a winged sprinter for the first time after completing a successful season racing in midget, non-wing sprint and USAC Silver Crown cars.

The popular UMP Late Models will share headline status at the Brownstown Bash and several area competitors who normally race at tracks such as Highland, Farmer City, Pevely and Macon will make up what is sure to be a very stout field.

The sprint cars and late models will both be competing for $2,000 to win in each division's feature event. Both races will pay $200 to start.

UMP Modifieds and NAMARS 600 c.c. Micros will round out the four division program with their feature winners receiving $1,000 respectively.

As October 25th is close to Halloween, children are encouraged to come in costume and bring their trick or treat bags as there will be plenty of candy and beads given out before the race program begins. Plus, kids will receive complimentary race car photos courtesy of Jim Viviano Photography while supplies last, so be sure to get to the track early!

Tail gate parties can start being set up as early as 10 am as the grounds will open at that time. Come out on Saturday, October 25th for the Midwest's season-end race party!

The Fayette County Speedway is located at the Fayette County Fairgrounds in Brownstown, Illinois just off Interstate 70 at exit 68 half way between St. Louis, MO and Terre Haute, IN.

For more information on the October 25th "Brownstown Bash", you can access the event's web-site at www.brownstownbash.com or call Brian Thompson at 618-473-9512 or via e-mail at thompson10@accessus.net

spreading the word

weather permiting, your going to have one hell of a turnout. i for one am spreading the word. hope like hell you do have a good one. maybe if i get a few lm cars to show i might get a FREE pit pass???? i,ll scratch your back if you will scratch mine. you can lol if you want. good luck...

Back