official Montgomery Motorsports Park news

westlingracing

Race or Die
Randy has made the decision after many discussions with his family that he will not run a weekly show.

He has tentavly scheduled several sprint car midget shows.
He is open to someone to promote it. Which essentially would be a lease that would cover expenses only. No rent of the facility would be charged. Only utilities etc

He also is willing to sell it for what he has invested into it to a responsible person who will pkeep it a racetrack.
Or sell it to re-develop for significantly more.

He is truly sorry it took so long to make a final decision but in the end he is retired and wants to stay that way. Running a track is more commitment than he is willing to do at this time in his life. People need to know that until he bought the track last year he hadn't been involved in dirt track racing he enjoys it but It's more work than he can do.

His phone number is 636-357-2194 serious inquiries. Only.

After about 8 hours there has been interested parties in the place. If anyone is able to put up some money the first couple weeks it sounds like we may be able to keep the place from setting idle again. The promoter interested is from the Indianapolis area. But wants a little help, to get started. Anyone can pm me with contact numbers.

The promotor from Indy is flying in this week to meet with Randy and look at the track. Looks pretty promising at this time.

I hope something comes together here. There are plenty of sprint cars in Mid-MO that need a place to race on Saturday nights and the ASCS event last year was pretty good.

I hope something comes together here. There are plenty of sprint cars in Mid-MO that need a place to race on Saturday nights and the ASCS event last year was pretty good.

Some decent paying 360 races scheduled around the Warrior region schedule would draw pretty well. Paying like California wouldn't do it.

Rumor has it the the person/people from Indiana are coming out this Wednesday. Anyone know any truth to that? Also been said that the issue is that the personel from Indiana wan a 1 year lease with a three or four year option and Randy only wants to do the one year lease. I would have to agree that a one year lease is not a smart move for anyone. Wouldn't make good business since to put time and an money into a track to get it up and sucessful just to have to turn it over to a guy who doesnt want to do the work to get it going himself. Anyone else have any good rumors on its future?

I know the history of the guy from Indiana, and he brought a track back from the dead in 2 years then the owners decided to run it themselves. So I totally see why he wants a contract like that. I hope it works out!!!!

Latest, but unofficial info. Is deal has been made and official press release in about 30days When all is complete. Said It's a 1year with option to extend 5years and option to buy at anytime, current owners would not have option to change lease terms only the new promotor could make the changes. Tentative open date in May since he will have to relocate and he has to deal with family and other business in indiana first.

So were looking at 30 days before we even know what thier plans are? Just a thought but if he waits untill May dont you think he's going to run into an issue with other cars commiting to other tracks point seasons? I believe this was part of the problem last year. I think it would at least be a good idea for them to make some announcment as far as rules go, are they going to be UMP sanctioned, things of that nature. There are alot of people hanging out there waiting to hear something so the can make the decision on where to run. It wont make a good first impression if he keeps people in the dark up untill the last minute.

I know Ump for sure if he does get it. Probably same classes I'd guess. Time table is as good as can be. If the decision would have been made say in November Randy Didn't want to run it we would have probably been that much farther ahead. But at least it looks pretty certain we will still have the place open this year.

I hope sprint cars are a regular part of the schedule. That would make MMSP different from the other tracks in this area. A little variety doesn't hurt!

Would be nice if they ran the TCS street stock rules and take the time to let the class grow there. TCS has the best set of street stock rules in the area.

Back