Peters Wins the AAA Insurance 200 in Indianapolis

stlmrn

Staff member
Click here to view race phtos:

http://www.stlracingphotos.com/NASCARCampingWorld2011/AAA-Insurance-200/18284516_p7KTqW#P-1-20

=
Timothy Peters won the AAA Insurance 200 at Lucas Raceway Park The win is his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series win in a year and half.

“Our Toyota [Race Car] drove like a Lexus,” exclaimed Timothy Peters. “We were super tight when first got here, but our team through everything at it but the kitchen sink to make it better.”

Peter’s win was James Buesher’s heartbreak. Bueshcer who took over the lead on lap 99 dominated the second half of the race until lap 194 when Peters was able to catch Buesher racing side-by-side briefly before taking the lead and running to the checkered flag.

“Very frustrating to lead for so long and then lose it that late in the race,” said Buesher.

Buesher has never won a Camping World Series race.

“I would have love to be over there [winnder’s circle],” said Buesher “But finishing 2nd is pretty good.”

The race may have been won in lap 89 when Peters spun his race truck after a cut tire and had to come in for new tires and gas. This made the difference at the end when he had fresher tires and more fuel.

“Our right front tire got bad and I couldn’t hold him off,” said Buesher. “They said he [Peters] had fresher tires and that was the difference I guess.”

Austin Dillon won the pole, took the early lead for the first 36 laps.

Light rain brought out the second race caution on lap 41. The caution was 17 laps but dark clouds near the track were a factor for the entire race as the teams kept looking to the sky wondering if it was going to rain again.

James Sauter, NASCAR Camping World series points leader at the start of the race took charge of the race after the green racing. But he had a rough night when a cut tire caused him an untimely caution. After he got back on the track then he had a broken sway bar and ended up finishing 23rd, however he did retain his series point lead at the end of the night.

James Buescher took charge of the race on lap 99 and seemed to be on his way to his first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.

Buescher racing for Turner Motor Sports has been quite a story in 2011. The team didn’t make the race in Phoenix but he has been consistent all year and has rallied to 3rd in points, 42 points out of the lead at the beginning of the race.

But the night belonged to Timothy Peters winning his third NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race and unfortunately this may be the last race at the famed Lucas Oil Raceway because at the moment it is not sure NASCAR Camping Series will return. It has already been announced that the Nationwide Series will move to Indianapolis Motor Speedway next year.

“I hope I am not the last winner here,” said Peters, “But if I am this something I will never forget.”

Back