Pinkerton and Webber : You make the call!

During the Modified portion of the Spring 50 at Florence Speedway, Fireball Pinkerton and Dustin Webber made contact, with Pinkerton ending up on his roof. Racing deal? Intentional? You have been presented the facts.

[video=youtube;nmr_ASoyNUk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmr_ASoyNUk[/video]

Well no doubt that the number 8 come up the track and got into the 9 car. Track looked rough in the corners bc you could see the 8 car bouncing around. Did that upset the car enough that cause him to come up the track and get into the side of the 9 car? Quite possibily. Too me it didnt look totally intensional. Kinda just a racing deal in a sense to me.

Now what the 9 car did in return was uncalled for. I am sure he wasnt meaning to put in on his lid but when you do something intensional then think of the worst happening. I am sure that he just wanted to spin him out but it went alot further. I would definately be pi$$ed if i were the 8 car. No need to be put on your roof.

So yes i think it was a bonehead move on the 9 car.

I cant see the video but you cant go wrong with "the weatherman" Bone head move on the 9 car like he said

I'd say, it was a racing deal... Doubtful the 8 driver ever knew the 9 was there the first time, and shame on 9 for sticking his nose in the same way again... Bad moves all around for the nine car!

Intentional for sure, now i could see if the 8 car put him in to the wall but he didnt u can see him trying to steer to the left, a huge bone head move. And a bid thumbs down to DUSTIN WEBBER #9 of COYOTE RACE CAR!!!

i think both are a racing deal. the 8 car may not have meant to hit the 9, but he did wash up and hit the 9 car. i am sure the 9 car meant to hit the 8 and spin him, but i doubt he meant for him to hit the inside burm and flip. had the 8 car hit the 9 car in the front end coming out of turn 4 and sent the 9 car airborn into the front straightaway wall, how many people would call him a dirty driver? the moral of the video is "hold your line and you wont get wrecked"

i think both are a racing deal. the 8 car may not have meant to hit the 9, but he did wash up and hit the 9 car. i am sure the 9 car meant to hit the 8 and spin him, but i doubt he meant for him to hit the inside burm and flip. had the 8 car hit the 9 car in the front end coming out of turn 4 and sent the 9 car airborn into the front straightaway wall, how many people would call him a dirty driver? the moral of the video is "hold your line and you wont get wrecked"

I agree! That car coulda climbed the wall and been a real nasty tumble down the straightaway. Hold your line! He never made an attempt to lift to keep from hitting the 9 car. I woulda did the same thing.

You have to love the driver's mentality of "it wasn't intentional" makes it all better that in attempt to save your loose car by turning right sends you into another car. Then Dustin driving into him with no expectation that there was going to be an outcome other than being sent to the back. If Dustin felt he had a better car then set him up to get loose in the that corner in the next lap and dive in hard and slide him up like hed did to you. That is payback with at least the potential of a better outcome. That Said - in the heat of the moment I would have done the same thing at his level of experience.

8 pushed off the corner hit #9 then 9 went to let him know hey you hit me leave me some room I dont think 8 ment to hit him and I dont think 9 ment to flip him just let him know some ones out here Im sure 8 was pissed and nine was like well that didnt go as planned alot can happen quick in a racecar

Well if you look at it when it first goes to slow motion the 9 is hit by a guy under him but he wasn't very far up along side the guy so can't really fault the guy. Then the 8 and 9 go side by side down the front stretch. Does the 8 think he for sure had him cleared? I wouldn't assume that. Also if you pause it and look before the contact with the 8 and 9, the 9 is pretty far up on him. So the 9 gets washed out on twice in half a lap and probably had enough. I have no problem with him dumping the guy. Of course he had no idea the dude would flip. But hey it happened. Like Jimmy said, hold your line!

Back