Pit passes for kids

mpally

Are pit passes for kids at I-55 the same price as adults?

yeah i no highland is those tight @ss's call this a family sport just so they can charge u an arm an a leg to be with them on a race night browns town kids r 10$ an try city is about the same for the pits!! just saying maybe scott an or the fair board will read this an do something for their weekly racers with kids or pretty soon they will be doing something less expensive with their family on saturday nights an these tracks can't afford to loose anymore cars or attendants so whats better so whats better 1/2 price for kids or loose the parents an kids an maybe the car they are with!!!!!

Kids do not need to be in the pits in the 1st place.

+1 on that, you beat me to it!!!
It was bad enough when they allowed women in the pits, now kids?

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

kids r the future racers or fans if u dont keep them interested in it then we might as well lock the gates now

It would be great if all the people that bring their kids to the pits would watch them! I had to grab a 4 year old out of the way to keep them from getting run over last month in the pits at a track. His parent was no where to be seen. When I finally found him, he said, "I told him to stay in the truck", five minutes later it was the same thing all over again. Drivers are not thinking about watching out for a kid running around and they should not have too either. I assume most people do watch their kids, but a few that don't have made it bad for the rest. It is not the tracks responsiblitity to watch your kids! I assume that is why several tracks do not offer kid priced pit passes, maybe they have had problems or something happen to kids there in the past. JMO

Kids don't belong in the pit area of a race track nor do people wearing open toed shoes. When I was a kid I had to sit in the grand stands and they should too, no exceptions.

Open-toed shoes and shorts used to be taboo at racetracks..Also,if an unsupervised child is hit and killed or seriously injured,I'm sure the parents would be speed-dialing their attorney!!!!

Ive seen more problems with OLD people getting hurt in the pits, falling down, heat stroke than I have with kids or people wearing shorts!

Maybe if the old people would wear shorts they wouldnt have a heat stoke?

It's WAY too hot in the middle of the summer for those of us who actually do work at the track.

And kids at the race track isn't ALWAYS a bad thing. There are such things as responsible parents.

Personally..if my kid was under 12 he or she wouldnt be in the pits. Too dangerous. I was 14 and a car ran into the pits with no brakes. Otis Shoemaker grabbed me as i had my back to him working on the car.got my foot ran over by him and he pinned the guy behind me between 2 cars. Its a dangerous place. Ive seen fires........radiator hoses explode............i seen an air tank explode one night. but if you gotta put your kids in the pits i understand that as well. Just personally..i wouldnt do it.

I am not sure about your smart comment about women in the pits, obviously you have not been to the races lately. Not only are they in the pits but there are quite a few decent women race car drivers that can hold their own with the men.

Can we add old people to the list?

I promise I'll not go into the pits when I get old!!!

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Back