Pole Position Raceway?

glbert

Did this place ever get built? Their website still looks the same as it did when the announcement came out that they were building it. It says open later this year and this year is almost over.

They have a Facebook page. Pole Position Raceway- St. Louis they have their permits and stuff that they need now and said they're now planning to open spring 2013. The building is there, just gotta build the track. They're selling gift certificates and what not on Facebook so i think it's going to happen.

Its coming along but kinda slowly..as of thursday the old floor is tore out and theyre having some problems with the plumbing..its happening just taking a little longer than expected.

I was thinking about the one in Earth City too and why it didn't make it. I want this track to be a success so I hope they have a better marketing plan. Good luck!

I think it is hard to pull off a $10 million dollar investment just on a karting facility. Hard to be able to turn a profit I would think... With that much investment, I think they need more things to attract more and different types of people.

I think a "Dave & Busters" type atmosphere with a restaurant and huge video game area along with the kart facility would be the way to go.

From what i understand..that was the plan at the earth city location back then but the space itself ended up being waaay too high logistically to make any kind of profit big enough for any improvement. I should know more in the next couple weeks when my portion of the work starts. I had fun at the first one and want this thing to go.

I think it is hard to pull off a $10 million dollar investment just on a karting facility. Hard to be able to turn a profit I would think... With that much investment, I think they need more things to attract more and different types of people.

I think a "Dave & Busters" type atmosphere with a restaurant and huge video game area along with the kart facility would be the way to go.

kinda like rc tracks hobby shops slot cars all need that extra income

The builders/owners of the Earth City facility and the Pole Position Raceway are two different individuals.

I agree with Jimmy about the same approach as "Dave & Buster's" to include a video game area and maybe a sports bar or restaurant. It looked like the marketing plan at the Earth City track was to attract businessmen to hold their meetings in the rooms at the facility and then they would all go race the karts. That did not work. I remember years ago their used to be a chain of karting facilities across the country called Malibu Grand Prix where you would race against the clock. I went to several of these tracks in Florida and Colorado and always had a good time. They had a big video game area to go along with the track. That chain folded several years ago. Some of the tracks still operate under different names. I hope this works out for those investing in the track. Any type of investment is risky especially in times like these.

Thought they had some legal or paper work issue's they are dealing with right now?

Probably......getting anything approved with St. Louis County is a pain in the rear.......

Hopefully they don't make you buy a membership to race like the one in Earth City did....I hardly ever went because of that.....not only was it $25 to run once, you had to buy a day membership for about the same price.....

Just a thought about the costs to go race these karts. These tracks are designed and developed by racers for racers. I bet 75% of the people paying to ride are involved with some form of racing. After all this isn't your "swing around fun town" go kart track... These places are real race tracks with and pretty fast karts as plus as weekly racing series. Considering what it cost me to run a race car one night a week these tracks are worth every penny. You can go race for a fraction of the cost without any of the work. I will defiantly make the trip to Watson rd. when its done.

Back