Prayers for Tabitha - Friday August 27th, 2010

tomsgrl128

Amy Smallwood
On Friday, August 13th, 2010 a very close friend and an amazing woman all around, was involved in a near fatal car accident in Freeburg, IL and is still fighting for her life in the ICU of SLU hospital. She has many broken bones, fractures, lacerations, internal injuries and a very serious head injury among other things. She has been in a coma since the accident. They’re slowing bringing her off of the sedation meds, and it’s up to her to now wake up. It’s a daily praying & waiting game basically. Her name is Tabitha Shackelford.

On Friday, August 27th, Craig Monk will be piloting the #144 Prayers for Tabitha Sportsman Car at Belle-Clair Speedway and we will have ‘Prayers for Tabitha’ window stickers for sale for $5 and will be giving away panels from the racecar to the highest "bidder" with all proceeds from these items going to benefit Tabitha and her son. If anyone is interested in bidding on a panel, purchasing a window sticker, or donating, please contact me at 618-570-1771 or asmal281@gmail.com , Craig Monk at 618-792-1053 or come see one of us at the track on Friday the 27th!

Also – for anyone in attendance @ Bedrock that evening, and is interested, please see Jody or Chris Sale. They will have stickers with them, and will be able to take bids there as well for the panels from the Prayers for Tabitha Sportsman Car!

Tabitha is 26 years old and has a young son, Cameron, who will be in attendance on the 27th. To follow her progress or to express your prayers please visit the Prayers for Tabitha Facebook page that her parents created. The support on that page helps her parents tremendously and has people from all over the United States sending their prayers (word of mouth is amazing publicity and the power of prayer is awesome!). She is a fighter, and she's beating odds daily.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for all of your prayers!

Would like to give you all an update...I got this from the Pray for Tabitha Facebook page.
Tabitha opened her eyes today !!! She is not responding to verbal commands yet but her blood pressure was good and fever was down.

Please come out to Bell Clair Friday night and help to support Tabitha and her family.
Remember to pray often.

Thank you to all the fans who showed their support and all you racers who donated and took time out to make a child so very happy and to give a family what it so dearly needed, a great night out with family and friends and fun at the races. TTG, thank you also for spreading the word throughout the nite and to Stan for allowing Cameron to have the ride of his life!!! To the PINK possy as i call you now, i was so moved and touched to see all of you showing your support, thank you and please keep supporting a wonderful person. Finally, to the Eaves, Smallwoods, John D. and Josh, i dont know what i would have done without you. You guys make this all worth it. Thank you!!!

Back