Pro4

4 Cylinder classes are hard to police because of all the different makes and models. Finding a knowledgeable tech guy that knows all of them would be near impossible. A lot of the performance enhancements are done with reprogramming or changing the computer system.

As you can tell by car counts over the past 5 years, the modifications and expense these guys are doing in this class is about to police itself as the class gets closer to extinction in this area.

And the theory of the class was to get a taste of what its like to race and see if its for you or not. Not for there to be career lifers who win 99% of the time. That's not alluring to many to give it a try.

HAHA! The class has taken over what the bombers used to be. A low budget class that anyone can afford. Define to me what a "career lifer" is. There has been about 10 new racers this year. Racing is a sport that evolves. Look all the classes. Guess we should really start probing Harrison. I mean he can't be that good of a driver, 22 wins already!! He has to be cheating since he wins!! Yes, that there is called sarcasm!!! As Jimmy said, there is a wide variety of cars to run in this class.Have any of you looked at the HP ratings of the various cars? Saturns 124, Honda/Acuras range from 115 to more than 200(vtecs are technically illegal), Cavaliers 115 to 150, & Neons 120 to 150. Just to name a few. Have you done the research to see which cars handle better than others? Honda/Acuras are plow trucks(which means they push/handle like crap, just in case you don't understand that term). Saturn/Cavaliers handle the best out of the cars, along with Nissans. Then there are guys in the class that drive harder than others, just like in any other class.

And the theory of the class was to get a taste of what its like to race and see if its for you or not. Not for there to be career lifers who win 99% of the time. That's not alluring to many to give it a try.

When you are racing with a field of new guys, what do you expect? The class is all about the driver. The best driver can drive the "worst" car and still put it in the top 5.

Lowslider, do you race a pro 4? If you are having trouble with your car im sure any of the racers will guide you in the right direction....

Last edited:
this is beating a dead horse. check past post on here... car counts tell it all. which sucks because i had some of the best times racing these things and still want to i have a car to do so just sitting which sucks. me and a buddy put alot of time money and effort into building it. but im a low budget racer and at most tracks there is no payout for this class. as for cheating google works wonders! its sad to see because like i said i love racing these things. but Jimmys post is right on the money .

4 Cylinder classes are hard to police because of all the different makes and models. Finding a knowledgeable tech guy that knows all of them would be near impossible. A lot of the performance enhancements are done with reprogramming or changing the computer system.

As you can tell by car counts over the past 5 years, the modifications and expense these guys are doing in this class is about to police itself as the class gets closer to extinction in this area.
Rob Shaw would be a good tech guy! I realize you said nearly impossible but he would be a good one

Why don't each track go to the junk yards and get stock computers and if they someone is cheating make them put it in and race and theobvious stuff like air cleaners are supposed to be stock a lot simple stuff to look at

The class is suffering in car count yes. Are there things being upgraded from what they used to be absolutely but to go and say the top 5 are cheating and programming there computers is bs I've tried for 4 year to do something with my computer with no luck do we change the computer from one year to another yes because there are some different then others but they are still for the make of car just different styles but still stock are there some cars out there that can program there computers yes but not everyone does it the set up and time put into theses cars makes a world of difference but most ppl don't believe that I have stayed in my same style of car for 5 years now and do pretty well and far as the pay yes it could be better but it has came a long way from when I started and I also believe that there should be rules on how many years you can run this class or if you win a national championship you should be forced to take a year or two off from the class to either move up or left some others come into the top spots but from what I've seen in my time no one is willing to put the time in like they should to better themselves so what's the point and as far as a tec it's pointless because if one track does it great but there not all going to follow and can't be at all tracks and ump don't care what drivers do as long as they make there money they have pretty much told me that witch is why I'm ready to get into something else but it's not as easy as it sounds

Back