Queen's Royale 9/25/10

I just noticed on Farmington's website (and also mentioned on an earlier post regarding a 'Cheater's night') that the Queen's Royale is now scheduled for 9/25/10 as to not conflict with other events in the area (I'm assuming the co-sanctioned USAC/POWRi Gold Crown Midget Nationals are a big factor).

I think this is an interesting move. When track and series schedules came out earlier this year I had 9/25 circled to watch the ASCS National Tour at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland (I haven't made it out there yet and I haven't seen a bad ASCS show yet). I guess it'll come down to a coin flip for me as to where I go--just like it is lots of Saturday nights between Farmington and Lake of the Ozarks (unless the wife wants to go see her parents in Pevely--then it's an easy decision).

On the other hand my wedding anniversary is 10/2 so going to the races wasn't a sure thing anyway (but would have been an intesting decision between Tri-City and Farmington). Anyway just wanted to mention the date change and add a little commentary--no criticism intended.

Two questions--I assume that the Queen's Royale then becomes the last night of the season? And does the rain date switch to 10/2 or does it stay at 10/9? Thanks!

Dan Nelson

Back