Queen's Royale

Someone asked on another sprint car forum who is rumored to show up to race at Jacksonville Friday. I posted the following regarding that race and the Queen's Royale. Let the fun begin.
I do not have any rumors so I think it is fair to speculate on who will be at Jacksonville and Farmington on Friday and Saturday for $3,500 to win open 410 shows.
The Outlaws will be at Williams Grove with plenty of big guns waiting for them so that will probably eliminate any part-times, although Sammmy has it scheduled on his website.
The All-Stars will be at the Big E on Saturday. With Danny Smith near the top of that points race he will unlikely miss his usual fall visit to these races. Kelly Kinser does not run Eldora often so he is a very real possibility to show.
Hannagan has Eldora on his website schedule as does Cameron Dodson who ran Jacksonville and Spoon River earlier this month. Probably testing his options for next year. The IRA is running at Sheboygan but it is rare for any of them coming this far South. ASCS and the monthly at best Bandits have no races scheduled so some of this bunch may run. Shane Stewart currently has the races on his website schedule. Gary Wright has run them before and may be back. I have no idea if Rilat, Chappell, Jason Johnson or any of that bunch may venture up. Memphis is running Friday night I believe, so I do not know if Mike Ward or any cars from that area are coming. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. told me at Knoxville that he hoped to make it to Farmington this fall. He ran his first 410 races there last year. Knoxville, Huset's, Lake Ozark, WOW, and Sprint Invaders all appear to have ended their seasons so we may see some of them. Brian Brown and others have run the DeRue 50 car lately with 410 or 360 so it is a possibility. Other 410's that have ventured out from the Knoxville area include Wayne Johnson and Kerry Madsen. Brooke Tatnell is also a possibility. Farmington has averaged over 30 cars at its weekly 410 shows so they will have a good car count even if no one else shows up. I have not checked the results from Jacksonville lately except for the big money race a couple of weeks ago. I guess your guess on who will show up is as good as mine. Please let us know if you know anything.

SprintFanatic

jville friday

I talked to Brian Brown a couple Fridays ago at Jville and he said he hoped to come back for the big show there. I know matt rogerson out of west burlington plans on running Jville on Friday. Other then that I assume all the regulars and maybe a few extras will be at Jville this Friday. not sure if any of them plan on venturing down to farmington on sat or not

Hey Fred,I just looked on BLACKSWAMP'S board,they put a Ohio weather forecast on there,rain and cold for Eldora Sat.,I know it's way to early,but they have called this race off before because of wet weather,or cold,man if that would happen,LOL.Of course it could happen here to,SURE HOPE NOT!

i dunno if it's just me or what. but when there's only a few days til a big show at SFCR and it's alot of money at stake and there's possibilities of some big names showing doesnt it pump you all up? damn it does me, you guys already got me ready to go racing saturday!!! cant wait! hopefully eldora gets rained out. wouldnt it be nice to see the 2nd all star race be made up only it being the queens royale?!!?! i think that'd be sweet! damn you people for getting my hopes all up and everything!LOL!;)

I thought the Royale always payed $5000 to win?? I hope $3500 draws cars though, I would love to see about 40 cars fill the pits Saturday night!!!

i cant remember umm..do they run all the classes for the royale??? i think a modified/sprint car show would be awesome. ah well...i cant remember...i'm guessing they run everything right?

It used to be $5,000 to win only, but a couple of years ago they decided to spread the money out instead of just the winning driver getting the money. And yes, all four classes will be racing with extra pay in all the other classes too.

dirtracefan21 said:
I thought the Royale always payed $5000 to win?? I hope $3500 draws cars though, I would love to see about 40 cars fill the pits Saturday night!!!
i think it'd be better if they stuck with just the sprint cars getting 5,000 to win. it'd draw alot more cars. in a way i dont really look to see but maybe 5 or 6 big names. possibly, brian brown,shane stewart,gary wright,mccarl,kelly kinser, brooke tatnell. i'm sure we'll see some of the guys that run farmington sometimes like darren clayton,moughan,jason evans,lee dunn,alex shanks, and maybe we'll get to see a few iowa guys back down, like matt rogerson and ryan jamison its been quite some time since ive seen those guys at farmington.gianetto,northway,martin, may show and the tennesee/missippi guys like mike ward,jan and dale howard,ricky stenhouse jr.but who really knows! guess we'll see!!!:) it's always fun to set by the pit gate and watch who all shows up especially when ya see those big huge haulers rolling in with out of state plates!! lol! maybe we'll see joe "doc" probst and Joey nash roll in! lol!j/k;)

Don't look on yahoo weather,if they get this show in,it's suppose to be a cold one,hopefully Corey wont take a beaten on this show,next week WoO is at Granite City,that won't be good either,jeez,maybe it ,the weather will be good,last cold Queens didnt have to many fans,but the racing was OK,just uncomfortable watching,wind chills are a killer.

Corey Franklin told me on the phone that they are approaching 60 cars, all for only $15! Does that pump you all up? It sure does me. In fact I'm packing now to make the trip south! Can't wait to see all the haulers. The other classes may get stuck pitting in the parking lot! Now for a raindance at Eldora! hahaha.

RacerRod

Thanks Jeff.

Extra payout might bring in more cars, IF anyone knew about it more than 3 days ahead of time and IF they knew what the extra pay might be? Wouldn't more cars mean more money coming in?

I guess I just don't understand. :confused:

Just looked at some of the schedules on hosehead's. No ASCS this weekend races so hopefully some of those guys could show up with their 410's. Would be great to see Shane Stewart show up tomorrow. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. told us at Riverside a few weeks ago that he would come up. Hoping the rains don't come. See you there!

weather

i just looked at the weather down there for tomorrow it looked pretty good to me, but maybe thats wishful thinkin or the blonde sittin in

Back