quick changes in sportsmans

how biut quick changes in sportsmans since there going to comin rules next year that way its easier to change gears at the track incasee you pick the wrong gear

Heck if thats the case, lets see is there anything else that we need like lets change the wheelbase and o I don't know o I got it, (the class )name to Jr LATE MODEL . Heck lets get wider tires while we are at it .

Lets not get something as for as safety goes but lets get the rear ends that we all cant afford .

Heck lets get wider tires while we are at it .

Asphault take offs would be good. Would save a lot of money on tires for the racers.

I know, I know, you need 10" wheels. You could easily afford the wheels with the tire money saved.

Once again, just my stupid non-racer uneducated opinion! :)

I don't know what your complaining about. I'd say let them. They take more power to turn and are heavier than a 9inch. I put one in my car this year and tried out swapping gears from heats to feature but found no advantage. It is nice swapping gears in five minutes but it will not make you any faster. It is also advantageous if you wreck and bend an axle tube, you can easily swap out an axle tube (been there, done that). So let the high dollar spenders get QC's and than pass them with your low drag 9inch ;)

i'd run one if they allowed it! He!! you guys want to bring in the berts and brinns....what the heck is the difference. If you got the money do it and if you don't have the money you don't hafta run it. It's all an opinion not mandatory!

I know its been a while since I have been in a car, but I would have to agree with SideShow. If you allow them, might as well change the class name to JR. latemodels. The cars all ready look a lot a like. I think allowing floaters is more then enough. And as far as the direct drives go, leave them to the mods and latemodels. I belive the rules are just fine the way they are. Just my two cents.

I would agree with the bert and brinn transmissions. The stock trans are getting harder to find and don't cost that much cheaper than a bert. But, you have to keep the beginner type classes affordable and not let them get out of hand like the engine rules. If you want to run a latemodel then run one....JMO

i dont care either way i was just throwin it out there and for you guys that said it would be a jr latemodel with a quick change i dont see how that is when a good 9 in from mittler or winters with gears is dang close to the cost of a light weight quick change with gears that there making for crates and modifieds. so jmo i thought it would be for the simplicity of it.

and its not manditory for the modifieds to run them either its an option all im saying do you think its alright to give us the option to run them

it is pretty much the differences in the classes.

a late model has an all aluminum open engine, bert brinn, huge tires, all tube chassis, quickchanges, open rear suspension.

a modified used to be a budget motor, floater 9", so much of a stock stub, bert/brinn, 8" tire. now they are open motor except no aluminum block and they allow quick-changes. why dont they just put aluminum blocks in a modified and allow them to run tube frames??

a sportsman car used to mandate stock position stock upper a frames, then they allowed tubular a frames in stock location. now you can move the mounts all over. the motor rules keep getting opened up more and more. used to be rochester 2 barrels, then holley 2 barrels, some places 4 barrels.you used to have to run a cast iron 2 barrel intake, now that is all but wide open. they used to not allow floaters, now they do, now you want quickchanges???? I am ALL FOR getting the rules standardized, but if you have a pull bar, j-bar, pretty much open motor, tubular upper a frames re-located from stock, and you also want a brinn and a quickchange, why dont you get a modified? I MEAN SERIOUSLY why wouldnt you get a mod?

as far as me moving up, i will move up to a late model or a modified anyday if you buy me a motor and a year supply of tires. i can get the rest. I had a mod for a year and did pretty decent, but i ran with my flat top flat tappet sportsman motor almost the whole year with a car i got for about $1000.

K & F Motorsports...

Jimmy did "pretty well" in a Modifed? :confused:

Let me set the record straight for you....:D

He was Modified "Rookie of the Year" at Tri-City in 2006.

He finished 7th in Modified points at Tri-City for 2006 in his first year in a Mod.

He was in the top 100 in UMP points (92nd to be exact) for 2006.

Yes, I'd say he did pretty well, building a car from scratch himself.

And, boys, "rediculous" is spelled ridiculous. :D

Jimmy is right....Just look at the rules and adding a quick change you pretty much have a modified and at some tracks up north it would be almost a latemodel. I know you are just saying let them run them as an option, but really you cannot forget we have an easier option than running a stock 9", and that is a floater rear end that takes 10 minutes to change gears. If you want an easier option than a floater, then next step is a quick change, but why add the extra cost for no reason. if you need to change gears in a sportsman at the track a floater is the option and nothing more needed...JMO

ok thank you for reciting the rules to me hahah but thats not what i asked nor did i ask you about your modified glory days and thank your mom for defending you and yes i know ican spell very good never have. but the question still remains what is wrong with letting quick changes in sportsman..... and i am very against the bert trans heck i can get a good tranny for 300 dollar a bert set up is over 2 grand all said and done with. im chil on that subject and also agree with you that standerdizing the rules needs to be done. but the question still remains why not allow quick changes in sporsman there close in price 3 to 6 hundred dollar differnce to be exact and there cheaper and easier thats all noo other advantages such as aluminum motors and berts and brinns. all i asked was you opinion not for you and your mother to come on here and tell me the rules and tell me i cant spell so if you would like give be your opinion but this post was not on here for bs thank you and have a wonderful day and congrates on your success in modifed and give you mom my best

Back