Quincy Raceways has been improved VASTLY in a short amount of time.

fryefan66

Since the new owners have taken over the place, it has improved immensely. They have torn down old buildings that were dilapidated, painted & spruced up the other buildings, and have got the scoreboard working again. The previous promoter had said that the scoreboard was basically not fixable, because it needed new computer panels that were no longer attainable. However, on the Quincy Raceways facebook page the new owners posted a picture tonight of it working with the following comment:

"We have a Scoreboard! Light bulbs work wonders!"

With that being said, the most important improvement is the track itself. I went to the special @ La Salle this past weekend, but I attended Quincy the 2 weeks prior to that. The track was in the best shape that I can ever remember and I have been going since the 1980's. It is smooth and very racy. Every driver they interview comments on how much better the condition of the racing surface is. I overheard one fan saying that it helps when it is worked on all week instead of just a few hours on race day.

They are racing through the end of October (scroll down their facebook for their October schedule).

Back