R.I.P. Carl Monroe

Just heard that Carl Monroe passed away from cancer this afternoon (Sat.).
Carl was a long time race fan at Belleville, & Pevely. Carl also drove a midget for long time midget owner Art Range. Our prayers are with his family.

awwwwww, dammmit; i've known carl a long time. seen him from time to time, just in passing. lost track of him. this sux.truly it does.rip, buddy.

I am very sad to hear this ! Carl was an Awesome guy ! I had the pleasure of getting to know him sitting in section B land every Sat Night over the many years. He will be missed by us all. God Bless Carl and his family and friends. I knew this was coming but never ready when it does ! R. I. P. my racing buddy !

Art he usually sat on the same row or one up or one down from me at Pevely. Was always there with his buddy Dave...... Sad Sad Day : ( !

Lisa Jones

lisa, this is one of those times for me when i wish we would have made it to pevely more often, and i would have seen him again. carl and i spent many nights in an infield at a racetrack early 80's, racing each other on the track like every lap was the last lap, and loving it. kinda lost track of him, but it didnt mean we were not still freinds. i am really heartbroken over this.i truly will miss him.

This is sad to hear. Carl was a great man that I had the opportunity too meet and talk with on many occasions at the tracks. Section B at Pevely will miss you.

Dear Lord please lay your comforting hand upon his friends and family, welcome a great person to your kingdom.

JP & Kyle

This is sad to hear. I also got to know Carl from sitting in section B at Pevely. He was a great guy and will be missed by all of us. I know that I sat next to him a lot last year and he always had his Jolly Ranchers and some other kinds of candy with him and he always opened the bag and shared with all of us! He was a great person all around! He will be missed dearly in section B.

His family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Sheryl

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/belleville/obituary.aspx?n=carl-b-monroe&pid=151078373

Carl B. Monroe (1951 - 2011)

| Visit Guest Book

P1124684_20110515.jpg
Carl Monroe

Carl B. Monroe, 59, of Waterloo, Ill., born July 22, 1951, in Belleville, Ill., died on Saturday, May 14, 2011, in Waterloo, Ill.

Mr. Monroe worked at Mike's Inc., in South Roxana, Ill., as a machinist. He was a very hard working and loyal employee. He was a very loving and caring man to his family and friends. He enjoyed playing cards, camping, fishing, bowling, stock car racing and spending time with his family and friends. He had many special friends and loved each one in his own special way.

Carl was preceded in death by his parents, Carl C. and Rita E., nee Jarvis, Monroe.

Surviving are his wife, Sandra, nee Wooley, Monroe, whom he married on May 2, 1972; children, Mary K. (Rick) Eaton and Susan K. Monroe (Scott); granddaughter, Alyssa K. Eaton; brother, Don (Pam) Monroe; nephew, Chris Monroe; niece, Kelli Monroe; other nieces, nephews and his beloved cat, Pooh.

Memorials may be made to Hospice of Southern Illinois, 305 South Illinois St., Belleville, Ill. 62220.

www.quernheimfuneralhome.com

Visitation: Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 17, 2011, and from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 18, 2011, at Quernheim Funeral Home in Waterloo, Ill.

Funeral: Service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 18, 2011, at the funeral home with Father Maxfield officiating.

QUERNHEIM

FUNERAL HOME,

Waterloo, Ill.

Published in Belleville News-Democrat from May 16 to May 17, 2011

Back