R.I.P. Rich "Dickie" Bobbit

PITDRIFTER

Motorsports
Just found out last night that Dickie passed away unexpectedly and was laid to rest last Wednesday. Just wanted to pass the info along for those who may have known him and weren't aware like I wasn't. Dickie built engines for some area drivers back in the day. Mel Kinnard, Denny Rhienecker, Terry Hall, Steve Carson just to name a few.

Rest in peace my friend,
Sorry I didn't answer the last time you called.:(

Yessir...well respected builder too. May he rest in peace and thoughts and prayers to the family and friends. Heck of a guy

built my motors back in the day,best i can recall he worked for gene lape and don kirn for a while,had to be in his late 50s

Dickie was 51 when he passed away. We had worked on my '46 Merc on Friday and I spoke with him Sat. at 2 PM. They think he passed sometime Sunday. Quite unexpected!!!

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!

Yeah Lenny, Rich is right. Dickie wasn't quite that old. Although he did go gray premature...lol..... Dickie was a good ole boy no two ways about it. A free spirit to say the least. If you called and got no answer, you didn't worry, no telling where in the country he may have been. He was always there any time I needed him. With a wrench or just to steer me right when I was in over my head with a motor. I'm sure gonna miss him, wish I would have known so I could have paid my respects. But, if there is a bright side I can only remember him like I knew him. and how he was when I last seen him at Belle-Clair championship night.

Dickie was buried in his best racing T-shirt with a wrench in his hand.

THANX RICH

People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Dickie was a great guy! He built one of my motors,was super cool and let me watch i know it probably was annoying to have someone watch ,but he knew how much i wanted to learn!!! All around great guy R.I.P. John Goodson

Back