Racing for Regan Richardson held at Doe Run Raceway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Bob Johnson

DOE RUN, MO--(September 5, 2003) "Racing for Regan Richardson" was held at the Doe Run Raceway this past Friday night. Regan, a 4 year old who is battling the rare bone disease MPS-Hurlers Syndrome was joined at the event by his parents and sister. Among the events held to mark the occasion Regan was treated to a ride in a race vehicle, had his picture taken with the drivers of each class and was presented with cards and a checkered flag autographed by every driver on hand at the Raceway. In addition, the entire Dwarf car class donated half their winnings for the evening to the Regan Richardson fund. That donation, along with many others received from the fans and racers alike helped raise more than $1900.00.

In racing action, Casey Barnhouse continues to dominate the 600cc Multi class earning another triple crown for the evening. Barnhouse was followed in the feature race by Tommy Boyd, Junior Ferguson, Tony Roney and Joey Boyd. Tommy Boyd was second to Barnhouse in the dash, Ferguson third. Rob Larson picked up a second place finish behind Barnhouse in the first heat, Ferguson third. Tommy Boyd won the second heat, Chuck Fenwick second and Jimmy Bridgeman third.

John Leahy Jr. captured his first feature win of the season in the Dwarf car class. Glenn Province finished an impressive second after starting tenth, Dom Wadlow third, Bobby Black fourth and Steve Copeland fifth. Sam Layton carried the checkered flag in the first heat, Mike Zaricor second and Black third. Todd Williams won the second heat followed by Dom Wadlow and Vince Conway.

In the Mini Stock class, Carl Bellew increased his points lead in his quest for a second straight championship by winning both his heat race and the feature event. Chuck White finished second in the feature, Phil Norris third, Randy Horton Jr. fourth and Darryll Dickerson fifth. Kenny Burch Jr. drove his 11jr to victory lane for the first time this season in the first heat. Ron Moser finished second, Chris Pettus third. Phil Norris finished second to Bellew in the second heat, Mike LaBrot third.

Landon Barks returned to the Raceway and to victory lane in the Stock Kart class, winning both his heat race and the feature event. Wayne Arnold was second to Barks in the feature event, Braydon Wright third, Jesse Wright fourth and Andrew Cash fifth. Braydon Wright won the first heat followed by his brother Jesse in second and Arnold third. Brad Paquet followed Barks across the line in the second heat, Cash third.

Michael Harp continues his domination of the Super Stock Kart class, adding two more victories for the season. Harp was followed in the feature event by Kyle Jarrett, Wayne Arnold, Megan Bell and Brad Paquet. Arnold picked up a second place finish behind Harp in the heat race, Jarrett third, Dalton Radford fourth and Kodi Giessing fifth.

Racing will resume Friday night with 600cc Multi, Mini Stock, Dwarf, Stock and Super Stock Karts participating. Gates open at 6:00 p.m., practice at 7:30 p.m., racing begins at 8:00 p.m. For more information, log on to www.doerunraceway.com or phone (573) 756-8889.

Good for Doe Run Raceway and it's racers and fans. To bad Jeff Mills is trying so hard to destroy what you have worked so hard to build.

How STUPID can you be!

I've read a lot of ignorant statements on here from time to time, but that one takes the cake. Only a complete and total idiot would say I'm trying to destroy anything at Doe Run.

Then what would you call it?

Come on Jeff, you know you have had a grudge against Bobby since he didn't ask you back as announcer. Anyone with eyes can see that your efforts to take the mini stock class to Fredericktown was a shot at Doe Run and now you are trying for the Multi-sprint class too.

Call me an IDIOT all you want but you and everyone else knows I'm right.

Why do you people keep saying I've got a grude against Bob! That's stupid. Bob has a business to run and I've done nothing to go against him. I do a weekly radio show with KREI/KTJJ and I always brag on Doe Run. When the Multis were at Fredericktown recently I told everybody to go to Doe Run to watch them on Friday night because they put on such a good show. I'm NOT trying to steal the Multis from Doe Run. We had a group of about six or seven drivers come to us and talk to us about racing them there full-time next season. All I did was ask people if they were indeed interested. If you think that is me trying to destroy Doe Run then so be it, but that's all it was. As far as the RAMS Mini Stocks go there is no way they would ever race as a group back at Doe Run for an entire season because of the size of the track and NO OTHER REASON. I've done everything I can to erase any tension from the past between myself and Doe Run, but there are a few persons out there that are just so narrow minded they can't let the past be the past and look to the future. I've said this numerous times in the recent past and I'm going to say it here for the last time, I wish Doe Run all the success in the world. They are an excellent, clean, outstanding family facility. But just because I'm working at another track (or three) don't try and act like I'm bashing Doe Run because I'm not.

The thing that really pisses me off about your stupid post was that I got on here to congratulate Doe Run for the fantastic job they did in raising the money for Regan Richardson. That was tremendous! So to the real race fans at racers at Doe Run I want them to know I totally support them. There's only a small group of narrow-minded individuals who live in the past that want to keep things constantly stirred up. Forget anything they have to say because it could be nothing further from the truth.

Millsey

Re: Then what would you call it?

Originally posted by dbrfan77
Come on Jeff, you know you have had a grudge against Bobby since he didn't ask you back as announcer.
umm dude he's got a friday night gig!

and we(rams) was even intersted in racinf at doe run but they said there schedule was full plus we have a few younger racers (14) that couldn't race at doe run (insurance reasons) so that is another reason we don't race there I myself would like to come out one night and race with you fellows but the old 66 tried to go through the wall at the rock and is dead now!

Your right Mike.

Lets band together to do something positive. Some people just dont get it..i.e.(dbrfan77)

Back