Racing tonight?

How is the weather looking for the Rock tonight. Don"t want to drive 100 miles for some good racing an get raind out>

I live 2 houses from track and have our car ready cause right now it is sunny and breezy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's an update from the KFVS12 Heartland StormTeam.

Unsettled weather continues...

As a cold front continues to slip through the area today, we could see some scattered showers and thunderstorms. I think much of the day will be dry, on the cloudier side, and kind of muggy too.

Same story all weekend long. Saturday there is a chance for scattered showers and thunderstorms really anywhere. It won't rain all day, as I think there will be a lot of dry time, but don't be surprised if you see a passing shower.

The best chance to see rain and thunderstorms looks like it will be Sunday evening.

Highs will be in the 70s the next few days with lows near 60.

Well Hop it looks like it's goin' to be hard to get folks to realize it's weather and we just don't really know until it's time to race!!!!!!!!!!!!! Myself I'm ready to hit the track as we speak. Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!!! Portamix of Fat Boys Racin'

This lil batch of showers is past me out here now, I can see brighter skies coming. There is more crap out west, but it looks as though it may track just north of madison county. I hope they will wait till the afternoon before making a call...?

Right now there's alittle shower comin' down and have been over to the track and as of this minute we are still racin'!!!!! The pits are alittle wet but nothin' too bad!!!!!!!!!!!! What gets me though, it could be rainin' one street over and not on our place but yet people want to know if we are racin' at the first sign of a shower!!!!!!!!! The track is supposed to be wet at the start of the night! Let's not stop it too early!!!!!!

Portamix, you should be seeing some sunlight again right shortly, its breaking through out here now...

Just looked at hourly forecast says the sun is supposed to break through by noon and be clear the rest of the day!!!!!!!!!!! We'll see!!!!!!!!!!

Talked to Ann a little while ago and there has not been talk of cancelling as of yet. If I hear anything different, I will post as soon as I hear. As of now, looks like we'll all see each other tonight.

after last weekends sand/wind storm a lil rain might be a good thing ... i know its hard to keep the dust down when its so windy so hope a lil shower gets the pits and track but not enough to call it ..

Back