Rattliff and O"Neal : You make the call

Video from the opening laps of the Spring 50 at Florence Speedway. Justin Rattliff and Don O’Neal make contact coming out of turn two. Who was at fault? Was this a racing deal? You have been presented the facts.

[video=youtube;Gvx4XA-E2YI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvx4XA-E2YI[/video]

If you watch Oneal get into the corner he runs over Ratliffs front end getting to the top and it looks like a little payback gone wrong coming off the corner!

Racing deal....looked like O'neal got a little sideways and lossed momentum and Ratliff hit the inside berm and it sent him up the track a little more than expected.

O'neal was low going into turn one slid up in front cutting off ratliff then high into turn three then came back down cutting off ratliff again. Pick a line already, you cant block every line every corner.

Contact going into corner can't be blamed on oneil blocking.... However, it cut his momentum and he pitched the car to be able to protect his position coming off the corner. Contact was the other guys fault...the brake is on the left.

Contact going into corner can't be blamed on oneil blocking.... However, it cut his momentum and he pitched the car to be able to protect his position coming off the corner. Contact was the other guys fault...the brake is on the left.

What were you watching the Rattliff had no where to go O"Neal was sideways, was a racing deal. and if ur already commited to the corner it alittle harder then just hitting the brakes then it you that has to worry about getting hit..

a little of both. oneal cut ratliff off on the opposite straightaway. if ratliff was mad, he should have done a much better job dumping him in the corner. instead, they tangled and ratliff soiled himself and turned it sideways and collected scott james, which caused a melee! the best part was the lady screaming "oh my god" in the background. both were driving way too hard on a hammer down track for it being the 2nd or 3rd lap of 50

They hooked going in... Oneil was forced into a higher line than he wanted and he jacked the car around to block the lower line coming off. I was watching the video... Ratliff could've avoided the contact by lifting. Instead he buried it into oneil and screwed himself and the equipment of several others in the process. He saw oneil coming down and should've known he would be...

Rattliff had attempted the same line on the previous lap and pushed up off the corner and almost took out the 15 car. That allowed O'Neal to get in the position. Doing the same line and expecting a different outcome is a little desparate. Rattliff did appear to avoid contact with O'Neal but once again ran out of talent. The concept that it is just a racing deal is a ridiculous statement made by racers who believe that they have the talent/experience and the car setup to do what the drivers around them can do. But as Kenny Schrader said "When they made me put on a firesuit and helmet then strap into a car with rollbars - I figured something might happen."

Back