Results of Sept. 13th

Millsey

By JEFF MILLS
BONNE TERRE, Mo. -- (Sept. 13, 2003) Time is running out for racers at Big River Sand Drags to gain a spot in the "Championship Tournament" that will crown the overall track champions in both the ATV and the MSRA divisions. And for 57-year-old Gladys Edwards of Bonne Terre her chances of making this year's tournament got a little slimmer Saturday night as she failed to earn either a first or second place finish in the Vehicle ET class.
Edwards is a two-time overall MSRA track champion at Big River Sand Drags but right now she trails both Carla Glatczak of Potosi and Philip Beaird of St. Louis in her quest for a third title.
"I can't make any more mistakes this year," Edwards said. "I've been killing myself at the light and I've got to stop doing that."
Edward's statement was right on later that night as her problems with the starting light jumped up and bit her again. The only good thing that occurred for Edwards was that both Glatczak and Beaird also failed to make the top two spots so her slim chances of making it back to the Tournament of Champions remains going into the final two nights of the points season (Sept. 20 and Sept.27). Brad Lunn of Pacific was the top eliminator and first place winner Saturday night with Steve Barton of Bonne Terre taking second place.
In the Stock Buggy class, Gary Hollinsworth of Mineral Point was the first place winner, but it was second place winner Frank Schinault of Hillsboro taking the top eliminator race.
In Open 4x4, Chris Mackley of Bonne Terre finished first with Gary Eckhoff of Cadet taking second.
In Super Pro ATV, Jeremy Coleman of Hillsboro was the top eliminator and first place winner while Doug Brown of Bloomsdale (current points leader) settled for second place.
In Pro ATV, Archie Camden of Bonne Terre was the first place winner with second place winner Bobby Cunningham of Hartford, Ill. taking the top eliminator race.
In ATV-1, Karen Schmidt of Arnold was the first place winner with Adam DeClue of DeSoto winning second place and the top eliminator race.
In Junior ATV, Garth Farris of Potosi continue to dominate his young competitors as he was the top eliminator and first place winner while Sarah Lunn was the second place winner.
Racing action at Big River Sand Drags will continue this Saturday night. Gates open at 3 p.m. with time trials at 4, registration ends at 6 and racing at 7. For more information on the track phone (573) 358-5009.

Back