Rick Standridge Crash

BSHARP

Interested Fan
Rick Standridge flipped his car end over end at Shepps Speedway tonight (Sunday) and landed on the roof. He was alert and walked to the ambulance but was taken to the Springfield hospital to be checked out. The car looked to be totaled. Have not heard any reports but keep Rick in mind and in your prayers.

Rick has 2 broken ribs on his left side and 1 fractured on his right. THANK YOU LARRY SHAW FOR BUILDING A SAFE CAR!! The cage did its job.

It's 2:30 on Monday morning and I just got home from Springfield. They are keeping Rick overnight for observation. I wasn't at the race (I drove Joyce to Springfield) but everyone that I talked to about the crash said it was one of the worst if not the worst late model flip they had ever seen. Rick himself said that it was the worst wreck of his career, and that includes when he drove sprint cars. Rick was in good spirits when I left and I'm confident that he will be o.k., but he's banged up pretty good.

Brian #44

Brian

Please tell Rick he is in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated when you can and let us know if you guys need any thing.

Thoughts and Prayers
Brandy

I'm glad he is okay! He will be in our prayers. Richie if you guys need anything for you or your dad please call us.

I'm glad to hear the good report that he's going to be ok. Injured ribs can be very painful though and can lead to other issues. I've dealt with that once in my life and it almost caused pnumonia. Tell Rick that over the next few weeks he needs to pay close attention to his respiratory health. We'll be praying for you Rick.

Tough weekend. Jim Werner Jr., The Factory Stock driver at TCS(Name?), Randy Korte, and now Rick Standridge...all 4 taking rough rides requiring medical attention. Let's hope we don't have another weekend like this again.

I just happened to be watching him and was the first one to his car definately the worst I have ever seen. Get will soon buddy!

Myers Racing

Wow very sorry to hear about this....our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Standridge family. If you guys need anything feel free to call. Take it easy Rick so you have a full and speedy recovery!
Tom, Amy, and Sydney

update

just talked to mom dad is doing fine just really sore right now and he should be commin home today THANK YOU TO LARRY SHAW for building one hell of safe race car the cage did its job i will let you guys know how he is doing later
Richie

i know the standridge family has tons of friends in the (racing) community, so probably everything is well handled. but;;; if you need anything, i would be honored to lend a hand.. lets pray for a speedy recovery for a great person.art.

Rick, sorry to hear of the bad luck. If I know you I am guessing that you had it on the mat! Be patient during your time of healing. You know what they say about old guys and healing. It takes longer!

Get well.

Kreke Krew

Richie - I think Allison Race Videos usually films there 217-341-9907. I also know someone else who was filming and will get them in touch with you. Check your PM's in awhile for their contact info.

Thank you!

To all who called and to those who posted encouragement here on stlracing.com, many thanks from all the Standridge family. Rick was released from the hospital at 1:00 p.m. Monday and we got home a couple of hours later with a post-mortem at the race car. Looks like the battery and possibly the radiator are the only things on the car that are not bent or broken. But, happily, the driver is only slightly off-kilter. Battered ribs are making it tough to get around, but he will be fine.

The extended racing family is a wonderful thing to hold in your heart when you're sitting in the ER at 2 in the morning. You know that you're never really alone.

Thank you to all who came by the hospital, (thanks for the ride, Brian, I was in no shape to drive myself). It almost looked like Standridgeville reunion for a while there. Al, you are right that Rick had it to the mat and he was tickled you thought so. Most of all, God bless Larry Shaw and his staff for building a car that saved the love of my life.

Thank you, everyone!

Joyce and Rick Standridge

:pRick,
We are so glad that you are out of hospital and doing ok. Know that you will be sore for awhile. Dick said you took a nasty ride! He has taken a few of those , as you know. You do what Joyce tells you and be better soon.
Dick and Linda Troutt

Back