Rilat Facing Trio of ASCS Gulf South Region Events This Weekend in Texas

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - FORNEY, Texas (May 20, 2014) - Coming off his first win of the season in the United States, Travis Rilat will tackle a trio of ASCS Gulf South Region races this weekend driving for Richard Saumure.
The action kicks off on Friday at Cotton Bowl Speedway, which is a 3/8-mile oval in Paige, Texas. On Saturday, Shady Oaks Speedway in Goliad, Texas, hosts its first career ASCS event before the weekend concludes on Sunday at Golden Triangle Raceway Park in Beaumont, Texas.
There is a $500 bonus for any driver who wins two of the three races and a $1,000 bonus for any driver who sweeps the weekend.
"The goal is to win all three races," Rilat said. "There will be a lot of tough competition this weekend so it'd be great to show how strong this team is on the track."
Rilat, who finished second and first, respectively, in his last two ASCS Gulf South Region events, has earned a pair of feature wins and three top fives in seven races this season.
"We've had a good start to the season and hopefully that will continue through this weekend," he said. "The main thing will be to pass a bunch of cars in the heat races to get ourselves in the feature redraw. If we can get in the redraw and start the main events in the first four rows I feel confident that we can be in contention every night."
SEASON STATS -
7 races, 2 wins, 3 top fives, 4 top 10s, 4 top 15s, 4 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Friday at Cotton Bowl Speedway in Paige, Texas; Saturday at Shady Oaks Speedway in Goliad, Texas; and Sunday at Golden Triangle Raceway Park in Beaumont, Texas, with the ASCS Gulf South Region
MEDIA LINKS -
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TravisRilat29
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Shark Racing Engines
Located in Sedro-Woolley, Wash., Shark Racing Engines has been building high-performance racing engines for almost 25 years. For more information, visit http://www.SharkRacingEngines.com.
"It's kind of funny how I met (Shark owner) Marc Huson when I went up there to Washington for an ASCS National Tour race and Triple X Race Co. was next door," Rilat said. "I was wandering around talking on my cell phone and saw a sprint car next door. I walked over, looked around and introduced myself.
"He's been a great friend. He was instrumental with a support group for me and my family when I was in the hospital up there. He and his wife helped us out in a hard time. As far as his engine skills go, he's one of the best in the country. There's only a handful of great engine builders across the country and I consider him one of the best."
Rilat would also like to thank Xtreme Oilfield Technology, Carlan Services, Northern Provincial Pipelines, Matt's Oilfield Services, TriJet Manufacturing Services, Northern Lights Welding, Camex VP, Rob Wright Building Supplies, Scott Safety, Max Fuel, Jaron Water Hauling, Maxim, Factory Kahne, HRP, Ti22, Weld Wheels, Ben Cook Racing and Smiley's Racing Products among others for their continued support on Richard Saumure's No. 39c Maxim.

Back