Riley Hickman Romps to $10k Payday at Rome; World 100 Next

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Cleveland, Tennessee (09/05/17) – Riley Hickman led all 100 laps on Sunday night at Rome Speedway in his Hickman Manufacturing #R1 Tucker’s Mobile Home Service/ CVR Race Car Super Late Model to score the $10,000 victory with the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series.
The win was his sixth of 2017.
Saturday night brought Riley Hickman to Dixie Speedway (Woodstock, Georgia) for the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series-sanctioned, weekend opener. With 23 cars on hand for the Down in Dixie 30, Riley recorded the fifth-fastest lap in time trials locking him into the 5[sup]th[/sup]-starting position for the $2,000-to-win A-Main. Losing one spot in the 30-lapper, Hickman slipped back to a 6[sup]th[/sup]-place finish.

The following night Riley was one of 24 entries registered for action at Rome Speedway (Rome, Georgia) for the Hoosier Race Tire South 100. Posting the fastest time in qualifying, Hickman locked into the pole position for the feature. Jumping into the lead at the drop of the green flag, Riley Hickman navigated heavy lapped traffic late in the event to lead all 100 laps en route to capturing his sixth win of the season and a $10,000 payday. Ronnie Johnson, Michael Page, Devin Dixon, and Zach Pilcher completed the Top-5 finishers.
"I just (wanted) to get through those lapped cars clean," said Hickman. "When we were in clean traffic I was pretty good and I felt like we really maneuverable and stuff. I got to those guys and they were racing really hard for position. You can't expect them to just get out of your way. They're racing for position and we're racing for the same deal. You just take it and hope you make the right decisions. Thankfully everything worked out well for us."

Complete results from these events can be found at www.525SuperSeries.com .
This weekend – September 7-9 – Riley will trek to Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) to take part in the 47[sup]th[/sup] Annual World 100. The weekend at the famed oval opens on Thursday and Friday with twin $10,000-to-win features each night. On Saturday night the biggest Dirt Late Model event of the year will be held as competitors chase a $50,000 winner’s check.
For anyone, who can’t attend the event will be broadcast via pay-per-view at www.EldoraSpeedway.com and www.DirtOnDirt.com .
Riley Hickman would like to thank all of his sponsors including Hickman Manufacturing Company, American Billet, RH Designs, Capital Race Cars, CVR Race Cars, Austin Trucking, A-1 Towing and Recovery, Competition Racing Equipment, MRC Racing Components, Vic Hill Racing Engines, Performance Masters Inc., All-Star Graphix, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Hoosier Racing Tires, JRI Shocks, VP Race Fuels, Comp Cams, Weld Wheels, FSR Racing Products, Design 500, Fel-Pro, KRC Power Steering, Wiles Racing Drive Shafts, Old Man’s Garage, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Riley Hickman, please visit www.RileyHickman.com .
Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia Marketing & Website Services - www.MSRMafia.com
The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back