Roby Helm Joins Crate Racin' USA

CRUSAPR

CARTERSVILLE, GA – Crate Racin’ USA Series Director Mike Vaughn has announced that Roby Helm has been signed as the series new President of Operations and Communications, effective immediately. Vaughn founded Crate Racin’ USA in 2004 which encompasses dirt late model race cars using economical factory-built sealed engines.

“I am pleased to have Roby Helm join our series,” Vaughn said. “We feel that Roby’s knowledge and experience will not only be an asset to our organization, but also cause our series to grow to its full potential. All of us at Crate Racin’ USA are looking forward to working with him.”

Helm comes to Crate Racin’ USA with 26 years of motorsports industry experience, and he has worked with several national sanctioning bodies through the years including the Hooters Cup asphalt late model series, the Hav-A-Tampa Dirt Late Model Series, and most recently, the O’Reilly United Sprint Car Series. Helm has also managed and promoted several short tracks in his career.

“Dirt Late Model Racing has been through a lot of turmoil over the past three years, and with the state of the current economy, I feel that the crate racing concept has come along at the right time for the sport,” Helm said. “I share Mike Vaughn’s vision and enthusiasm for Crate Racin’ USA, and it’s a series that is inclusive and affordable to every racer.”

Helm said his goal is to help Vaughn promote Crate Racin’ USA as a series that can appeal to everyone.

“Crate Racin’ USA has a good mixture of seasoned veterans, and young drivers looking to make a name for themselves and develop into the future stars of the sport,” Helm said. “It’s also a series that is economical for competitors, promoters, sponsors and fans. Crate Racin’ USA looks to showcase drivers based on talent, rather than the size of their checkbook.”

Vaughn and Helm are currently working together to develop a schedule and programs for the 2006 season.

“Mike and I are currently working on some programs for next season that will benefit everyone from the competitors, track owners and promoters, to the fans, and the sponsors,” Helm said. “We’re excited about the future of the Crate Racin’ USA, and the announcements we’ll be making in the coming weeks.”

Helm comes to Crate Racin’ USA from the O’Reilly United Sprint Car Series where he served as Director of Operations and Communications since 2004. Along with his current duties with Crate Racin’ USA, Helm will continue to serve as a part-time consultant to the O’Reilly USCS for the remainder of the 2005 season.

Helm’s base of operation will be out of his new office in Athens, TN where he will reside with his wife Marcella after their November 19 wedding.

Back