Route 45 closed?

Posted in Facebook due to no support from drivers. They closed the doors to racing. Testing only

Isn't it funny they blame the drivers for not showing up when instead they should be providing a reason they would WANT to show up.

Blaming the people for not buying what your selling instead of selling what other people are buying.

With that kinda attitude is it a wonder why they are closed?

We ran at RT 45 Raceway last year. We won the B Mod track championship and were suppose to receive a new chassis for our effort. As of today we still haven't received it.We were to receive a check at the banquet from American Ethanol for winning feature's at the track. As of today we haven't received it. The drivers didn't receive any trophy's at the banquet,the excuse was the guy that made them,his business burned down and they would get delivered later,this never happened.This is just a short list of crap that went on at this track. Bottom line, you get a promoter that lies to the people that puts on the show that puts fans in the stands along with writing bouncing checks to them, they aren't coming back. I've been told so many lies by the promoter. What really stinks about this is we really liked running at the track. What goes around comes around !

It takes many people to make a track successful and only ONE to tear it apart.......I spent 3 years of my families life to make Clay County Speedway to what it was in 2012, 2013, and 2014!
NO ONE can deny the fact of what the crew, not me, the CCS crew did. Car count rose, the attendance went up each year, people were very satisfied and loved racing at CCS, and the path we were on!
We made many new friends, and to this day are still dear to me and my family! This has really came apparent this last week per the many phone calls, texts and emails we have gotten, letting me what has transpired.
To have my lease end as it did at the end of the 2014 racing season, because of ONE person, really blows my mind!
It is a totally shame for what has transpired over there in 2015 and then for him to even be given a shot is 2016 is totally out of this world!

I have always been taught a bird in hand is way better than 2 in the bush!
Or let me put it this way, a Promoter with a proven track record, turning not one track around but two, goes way beyond someone that SAYS he knows the racing industry.........
My condolences to all the racing families affected by this individual!
Final thoughts, bet there is one family residing in Flora Illinois, wish they could go back to that last day in November 2014, and redo what was said and done! For the track would still be alive and well!
Proud to say, I was the Promoter of Clay County Speedway in 2012, 2013 and 2014 before it was ruined in 15 and 16!
Kevin Bayer

the few times I raced there I enjoyed dealing with kevin and the crew -- I remember the first time I raced there the last race of the 20th centery (1999) when I got there I thought how smooth the concrete walls were -- till I walked up to them and found out they were steel -- oh ya --won the feature that night - have not won one since -- JMO

It takes many people to make a track successful and only ONE to tear it apart.......I spent 3 years of my families life to make Clay County Speedway to what it was in 2012, 2013, and 2014!
NO ONE can deny the fact of what the crew, not me, the CCS crew did. Car count rose, the attendance went up each year, people were very satisfied and loved racing at CCS, and the path we were on!
We made many new friends, and to this day are still dear to me and my family! This has really came apparent this last week per the many phone calls, texts and emails we have gotten, letting me what has transpired.
To have my lease end as it did at the end of the 2014 racing season, because of ONE person, really blows my mind!
It is a totally shame for what has transpired over there in 2015 and then for him to even be given a shot is 2016 is totally out of this world!

I have always been taught a bird in hand is way better than 2 in the bush!
Or let me put it this way, a Promoter with a proven track record, turning not one track around but two, goes way beyond someone that SAYS he knows the racing industry.........
My condolences to all the racing families affected by this individual!
Final thoughts, bet there is one family residing in Flora Illinois, wish they could go back to that last day in November 2014, and redo what was said and done! For the track would still be alive and well!
Proud to say, I was the Promoter of Clay County Speedway in 2012, 2013 and 2014 before it was ruined in 15 and 16!
Kevin Bayer
Keven.... Nobody took the track from you but yourself, not only did you leave the track in disrepair.... It took a lawyer to get you to fix broken bleacher boards that you refused to fix and had no cares in fan safety, 46 safety fence posts that you would not repair, speaker system that wires were pulled from the ground and never repaired, a radio system that was given back to us unusable, weeks upon weeks would go by and we would ask for repairs to be made and nothing done.... At one point there was less then 18 inches of front straight wall because of dirt pulled up which when I told you about it you got defensive, even when I told you the dangers of it and what HAD happened at another track with the same issues.... You didn't care.... You held events without any driver safety in mind, teching for safety was not on the top of your list, one of the worst accidents happened under your promotions, where you let someone, actually two people race, one person you let sit as a passenger on a milk crate in a car during a race! Those people end up rolling and one lost there life because of you, when confronted about this you didn't care and I was told it's being taken care of.....So before you gloat about how great you were and put any blame on anyone in why your not there, think about all the stuff you didn't do...

Back