Rule Change

Doe Run Raceway

Staff member
After much discussion and consideration, we have altered the rule for intial starts. It now reads as follows:

Initial Starts

Initial start shall be at the orange pylons in turn 4. The front row may begin accelerating once their front wheels have passed the first pylon. The remainder of the field may pass cars once the front row has passed the first pylon. If you pass before the front row passes the cone, the yellow flag will come out. You will be moved to the rear of the field and will be charged with one yellow. In addition, all cars must remain NOSE TO TAIL. If you get out of line, the yellow will come out . You will be moved to the rear of the field and be charged with one yellow, if it is your second yellow you will be sent to the pits.

If you are on the front row of a line up and you jump the start, the yellow flag will come out and you will be moved to the back of the field and you will be charged with one yellow. There will be no second chances.

Please note that everything is the same with the exception of who is moved to the back in the event of a jumped start. The old rule read that the entire front row would go to the back. The new and improved rule reads that only the car that is jumping gets sent to the back.

We also made a minor adjustment to the rule governing 4 wheelers at the track. Check our website www.doerunraceway.com for the complete set of 2004 rules.

hey bobby My mom sent me some pics the trak looks real good keep up the good work and I'll be there to win some races before ya know it

!

I kinda agree Dustin. BUT.....

The pole car sets the pace(reasonable) and the outside is to keep up with him, everyone else nose-to-tail behind. As long as the Pole doesn't go until the designated area, he is doing his job. It is the responsibility of the outside car to stay with him and produce an even start. If he goes early, it's his fault and nothing to do with the polesitter! Same way if he lags behind..... TRUE??

If so, why should the polesitter get moved back?(or vice-versa) Moving back the guy that jumped is the fairest way to do it. I don't neccesarily agree with going to the back AND getting a yellow scored against them, but if that is what it takes to straighten up the starts.......

As long as the scoring is fair, there is no one to blame but ourselves if we screw up!

Back