Rules Poll(Please vote)

Rules Pole(Please Vote)

• Leave it like it is now!

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Make it so a person can run most of the area tracks on any givin nite!

Votes: 54 87.1%
  • Dont care!

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • other(tell what you mean by this response)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

2xtremeracing2

Love competition
Ok

This just to see how many guys/gals would like to see the rules at the local tracks more unified were we can run more than one nite a week at alot of different tracks without having to change 10 things on a car to try and be legal!

No track bashing

And this goes for all the classes......

Ill almost guarentee that most of you would like it to be like it use to be!

Problem is that every track/sanction thinks they have it all exactly right. They all believe the other tracks should moove to their rules. When actually each track has it partially right, and better than the others, someone who does not own a car at any of these tracks could take the good points from each rule book, and make a great unified class.

lol

Finally found an issue me and hound agree on i guess!

All im wondering is why you can take 5/6 different tracks....take bombers.SS for instance.....at one track you can run 7" wheels,but 15 miles up the road on the next night.....its a 8"...thats fine for the track that allows the 7's on a nitely race.but the guy that runs his normal track with 8's isnt,and cant afford to have 2 sets of wheels and tires,plus spares!

Pretty simple math,if you want to add say......8 more cars a sat night...just by adding headers(wich are easier and cheeper to find)and 8"wheels.....you have takin a class from 12 a nite to 20 a nite!

Ump...allied...i dont care what ya label the rules as,just all im saying is the promotors that are not drawing cars need to look to the rules as a way of opening up room for other drivers to show up and run without busting there ***'s on sat morning changing 3 things on a car!

Ok......this is just out of the blue....take godfreys bomber rules....they are probably the most complete as far as bombers go,and the easiest to tech......use them as a base....if you want to add an extra to ur rules...as far as something special...fine...but keep them in line enuff to accomidate more than just that track!

Same with sportsmans.....the major difference in most tracks is tire size and motor size in that class..........and a few heads........make em add lead if they want the extras..........still gives the man with a limited budget a shot at winning if he chooses to run cheeper and lighter!

Modifieds have a pretty good handle on the rules as far as going other places....you have the a's and b mods!

Late models.........thats for the people that want to go all out......use the ump rules with the exception of motors.......that would be the only split.......steel blocks and dirty motors!

Thye need to start listening to racers....if its not for us and the cars we build,maintain,and bring to the track.....they have no RACING!

i WOULD LOVE FOR THE AREA PROMOTORS TO SIT DOWN ONE NIGHT WITH THE RACERS FROM THE LOCAL TRACKS THAT WERE INTERESTED AND TALK ABOUT THIS .....I WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE THERE,AND THE LAST TO LEAVE......

It needs to get back to like it was 15 years ago....or they are going to have tracks scraping,,,,,,,clawing to stay open...and thats bs...the cars are there to fill the pits...just make the rules fair............stick to them..........no bending in tech.....and the car count would go back up!

If you dont beleive me........look at the vote so far.numbers dont lie!

gotta agree with you dale, hope it works out, there are some nights that runnin on sat. just doesnt work, am to lazy to change things over, and dont like the idea of buyin 2 sets of tires.
i guess we will wait and see, tell dave next week we are goin to godfrey, maybe bring the white car up and play. see sat sparky

good luck

Good luck spark,ditto for ur brother!

We will be up there those 2 weeks before the october show.....gotta give this points thing a good shot tho!Jim is havin one hellova year like we are....cant complain tho!

cars

Hey Dale.I watched the races at tricity a few weeks ago and itl looks like a great track.I think the bomber rules should be changed to highland rules.They shouldnt make you run stock steering columns and exhaust manifolds.I think pedal extensions should be alowed also.Moving a 180 lbs driver back 4 to six inches wont add more than 30 lbs on the rear weight, and it would really bring alot more cars to tricity.Highland averages 25 to 26bombers a night, and sometimes up to 29 or 30.The steering column and pedal extensions wont make a diff in performance.Heck , at godfrey you cant have extensions, but you can add any amount of weight.I dont understand that.I think if you steered more towards highlands rules with headers , pedal extensions and no stock steering column, you would get atleast 6 to eight more cars a night maybe more.Racing wheels are cheap, 35 to 45 dollars a piece, so its not a big deal .id love to come to tricity every sat, and i hope they change the rules to highlands rules or close.Let ,me know what you think of this.Thanks.

i agree

Thats pretty much what we had last year as far as rules go short of the 8"wheels....i totally agree tho....but they also have to drop that 90.00 fee to let people start coming down on a more regular basis...........not everyone runs for points...i know for one we are not running for points next year....just who pays the most!

Only thing i dont agree with highland on is the teardowns..........aint worth it........pay 100 to win or whatever..........and have to do a total teardown just isnt worth the hassle to break even!

Restrict the motors to 360 cu and if they want to build and cheat...let em..........you keep the cars on street rubber.....then its not all about who has the most....its who knows the most,and can hook the most!

Back