Rumors,Rumors- This Could be last Nascar race at TCS.

Devilboy

rumor has it wente isn't bringing back Nascar next year, it will be UMP race track???? Does anyone know for sure??? It would be better off with ump, more cars and more money for the track owner??? It could happen??? Ask Wente when u see him and he will not give u a yes r no answer??

Doesn't UMP have some type of agreement not to sanction two tracks within a certain number of miles of each other? I can't remember how many miles it is supposed to be but I do remember being told that Greenville could not run on Fridays under a UMP sanction because it was too close to Brownstown. I would hate to see UMP drop Highland in favor of Tri-City. Any input will be appreciated. I know the rules change from year to year.

TCS - races on saturday nights and i'm not really sure about tracks being miles apart. besides belleville,i believe is ump and races on friday nights too...

Last I heard there couldn't be two UMP tracks racing the same night within a certain distance (I think around 50 miles). That was the reason UMP would not let Greenville run UMP, because Highland was too close and already sanctioned into UMP.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I think it used to be 35 miles, because at one time there was concern about Belleville and Godfrey both running on Friday nights. Besides if TCS went UMP maybe they would encourage him to run on Sunday nights.

WENTE OUGHT TO SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT RUNNING UMP ON SUNDAY. IF HE'S IS INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY, THAT WOULD BE GREAT. I THINK THE PLACE WOULD GET GREAT CAR COUNTS AND FANS IN THE STANDS. GUYS LOOKING TO MAKE UP FOR A BAD NIGHT WOULD DEFINITELY BE THERE. NOT TO MENTION, THE GUYS WHO RACE ANYTIME THERE IS A TRACK RUNNING.

IF IT WERE ME I'D DO THIS AND RUN EVERYTHING ON THE 1/4. HE HAS THE BEST CENTRAL LOCATION FOR EASY ACCESS. WITH THIS LOCATION HE WOULDN'T HAVE TO START TOO EARLY DURING THE HEAT OF THE SUMMER THAT JUST CAUSES DUST BOWLS WHEN THAT IS DONE.

JUST A THOUGHT. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

It is a 50 mile radius. So figure that out on your maps.
That would not be too smart an idea as there are too many Saturday night now in this area and the cars counts are hard to maintain now let alone add another track to the mix.

Sunday would be worth a try. In KC all recent Sunday ventures have failed miserably, but the tracks (as most in KC are) were too far away from the city and hard to get back from. I agree with running everything on the 1/4 though. I'd like to see a UMP race on the half, but for the track to survive the 1/4 is the best option. Especially if they are concerned for the costs of the racers...

Late Models on the 1/4 bad idea. Too much race car and not enough track. This was tried back in probably early 90,s and failed. Late models belong on the half mile.

Why don't we all take a collection and buy the track from Wente and reshape the 1/2 and 1/4 to about a 3/8 or 1/3 and run ump sanctioned races with wannabes or whatever you want to call them with the RAMs there as well also sportsman street stocks and all classes !!

Wente already anounced last week that the 1/2 mile will no longer be used during the weekly racing series. It will only be used for special shows- WOW,Extreme,Migets, ect.......

Originally posted by 1stbreak
Late Models on the 1/4 bad idea. Too much race car and not enough track. This was tried back in probably early 90,s and failed. Late models belong on the half mile.

That is rediculous. Late Models on the half will hurt long term car counts. The fact is that a Late Model has more tire to horse power than a modified. So by your logic modifieds belong on the half? Give me a break.

Originally posted by 1stbreak

I DISAGREE, TCS HAS AS MUCH ROOM AND IN SOME CASES MORE THAN SOME OTHER TRACKS THAT HAVE SUCCESSFUL LATE MODEL CLASSES. RUNNING ON THE 1/2 MILE WILL DO LIKE LAYNEJW SAYS, AND WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO JUST A SELECT FEW WINNERS.

DAVE0654,
I HAVE OFTEN THOUGH THAT SAME THING. A NICELY BANKED 1/3 MILE WOULD BE GREAT!

tcs

i really dont like watching ump on that track want they get spread out you could take a nap and wake up just before the flag drop as checker and still be the same,i like watchinh ump on bell-clair speedway,highland,godfrey,i -55 i wish godfrey would go to sundays instead of tcs.one sunday godfrey had 45 ump late model in the house,they even had 10 big names on hand,like weaver,babb,moyer,english,korte,sievert,now that a show oh yeah forgot dixon

One thing's for sure, that'll be alot of classes on that 1/4 mile , no way will it stay as tacky as normal.
Regardless it should still be good racing.

A UMP Sunday night show would be the way to go at Tri City, if they are actually planning on changing their operation. Located just off the 270 loop, it would be easy access for most race fans in the area. I still don't see them changing, especially after all of the promotion they have done over the years about NASCAR and how great it is. Yes, Godfrey had alot of late models on a Sunday earlier this year, but the stands were only half full. Sundays can't be an afterthought if a track is to be successful. It must be an every week proposition so that the fans have an opportunity to form habits.

Sunday night would be bad in my opinion, most fans and racers work on Monday mornings. Most fans that had to work would leave the track early and that would hurt the consessions. For most people Sunday is a day to rest up for the work week ahead of them.

Back