Season Championship and Teacher Appreciation Night This Saturday at I-44 Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Lebanon, MO; The 2010 Monster Energy Chase for the Cup at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway is coming down to the wire with several tight points battles to be decided on Saturday night. Saturday night will also be Teacher Appreciation Night, with free grandstand admission for all teachers on Saturday night.

Rolla’s Mike Slone took over the point lead in the Late Model division on Saturday night over veteran Ken Dickinson and holds a 104 point lead over the multi time track champion. Dickinson has had a great season to this point and held a 41 point advantage going into the races last Saturday night when a mechanical problem took him out of the feature. Slone took advantage of Dickinson’s troubles and took over the points lead with his runner up finish in the feature. Slone has had a magnificent rookie season in the Late Models with four wins and several top three finishes this season.

Jason Otto of Richland looks to be well on his way to another track championship, this time in the Modifieds. Otto has won back to back feature events to extend his points lead over veteran Brian Brown from 31 to 113 points. Brown and Otto have been the two dominant cars in the Modified division week in and week out, with almost 10 wins between the two of them. The Modified season championship would be Otto’s second on asphalt at I-44 Speedway, as he is a former Bomber Champion on the asphalt.

Payton “the kid” Lucas has upped his point lead over veteran Steve Shaw in the Pure Street division with his three consecutive wins in the Pure Street division. Lucas is looking for his first track championship at I-44 Speedway and would be the youngest ever to accomplish that feat at 14 years old. Dale Roper, Jr. has clinched his first track championship at the Lebanon I-44 Speedway by winning the title in the Coca Cola Street Stock division. Roper, Jr.’s track championship adds to his family’s storied history at the speedway, where his father, Dale Roper, Sr. has won several track championships as well as his late cousin, Tony Roper, who was the 1989 Late Model Rookie of the year. Gary Davenport has clinched the first ever Charger championship, and done it in grand style by winning the Charger feature on Saturday night. Davenport has been in racing for many years, including racing some on dirt at I-44 Speedway in Legends cars.

The OMSRA Mini Stocks will also make their final appearance of the season on the high banks, with Ashley Deschacnes looking to make it back to back feature wins in the blue Pinto. Gates will open at 5:00, hot laps at 6:00 and racing at 7:30. Grandstand tickets are free for all teachers,$10 for adults, $6 for juniors (ages 11-15) and free for kids 10 and under. Admission to the Budweiser Wild Side is $12 for adults, $7 for juniors and free for kids 10 and under. There is a $2 military and senior citizen discount for seniors 62 and over. Please visit www.i44speedway.net, twitter.com/i44speedway, or call (417) 532-2060 for more information.

Back