Setup for Coulterville and Bedrock

KartRacer00

Can anyone help me out on set up for Coulterville and Bedrock such as gear and %'s and prep to use on 33's. Thanks in advance!

Depending on the chassis, for Bedrock I would start at 55 left, 46.5 nose, and 58 cross. +.75 left front camber and -2.75 right front camber. Lower left side weight seems to work well at Bedrock because it's low bite. As far as gear I would start at a 13-67.

scaling kart

how do i get these percentages when kart hase no lead and can you tell me how much each 4 corners should weigh:confused::confused::confused::confused: kart is margay no offset

You need to scale the kart to get your % dont worry about each wheel weight just get your percents close. Then you have a starting point to tune from. As far as gearing start with 13-64 and see what that rpm turns on your kart and adjust it to where your engine builder says to run it. Hope this helps you out.

how do i get these percentages when kart hase no lead and can you tell me how much each 4 corners should weigh:confused::confused::confused::confused: kart is margay no offset

Move the seat around for nose and left. You can move the motor as well for nose and left. Change right and left front spindle height (washers) for cross.

I have run margays at bedrock. First move both rear tires in to about 1/8 inch from the frame. move the LF tire out as far out as you can get it on the spindle and move the RF in as close to the spindle without rubbing it. If you have an engine mount where you can slide the mount from side to side slide it as far left as you can get it. You are shooting for 52-53% cross. about 52% left side, and 47% nose weight. 1 inch of stagger on back and 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 stagger in front. If you have any questions I will be at bedrock this Friday. We will be running rookie As and Lights red number 16's. We won many races on margays there, once you get the setup they run really good there. Hope this helps.

John Hobson

We will have scales there setup if you dont have scales at home.

Back