Sick of the High has prices ?

blackex14

Big Oil should be blamed dont kid yourself, check the facts and you will discover that Big oil has done nothing but, close refinerires in the last 10 years.
The blame it on the EPA, but a report on Frontline showed to former Shell refinery managers that produced documents that they worked at a CA refinery that made record profits, only to be closed down by big Oil.

Also more than one company or persons has tried to open or build, or buy a refinery to increase capacity in the U.S. One of these companies was told that the loans were a go, only to be pulled later, due to threats from big oil against the bank.

Also yes the government is to blame, they have allowed big oil to merge with each other, so that there is no competion and just enough refineries to go around, its simple, refine less, keep supplies low and then you can charge whatever you want and use any disruption excuse to jack prices every time you want.

The Govt. used to mandate the minimum number of oil companies, since Bush came in this is no longer, now they have all merged and there are less refineries.

Here is a link go read it for yourself \

http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/tr...W145_full.html

I totally agree!! I read several articles...and all congress wants to do is give the oil companies tax breaks. They had oogles of tax breaks already!!!!! Its a deal where..the oil companies are paying officials to beg for breaks...why...so they can make more money. And the EPA is 1 of the biggest problems nowadays with the refinery issue..but..not all of it.EPA in my opinion..is like they are finding out about FEMA..usless and misrun totally. Alot has to with...you guess it...the goverment. They..dont want refineries built...if they did..it would be happening. Why?? Alot of goverment officials have dealings with oil stock..or..oil companys. Would feel it in their pockets. I also read an article..where...you can make your own fuel...ethanol..at your house...for..75 cents a gallon. That really ruffled the officials when that was printed. Now..they want to tax anyone who makes it...wants to control it..ect..ect..so on. Only way this thing will end...is if someone steps up to the plate...goes to the arabs...and gets these oil pric es down..wayyyyyyyyyy down..and i dont see it happen(i beleive..they really arent too happy with us now..anyway)

Another thing to make this clear that goverment doesnt really care..is...the prices have been high...for along time now..and..all of a sudden...they want to do something about it?? Well...who woke them up to the bad dream..lol. And..they will do studies...investigations...blablabla..it will take along time for anything to be done..if any. And..we the tax payers are paying for these bozos to pull this crud. Not doing their jobs..none of them..and i hope everyone remmbers this come election time.

Its funny that Bush was going to look into it to find out why in keeps going up. But the last two days,gas has fallen 12 cents!!!!!!!!!!

Bush looking into the oil problem is about as useless and senseless as the rest of the crap he has done while in office. I think we all already know what the report will be. There will be no wrong doing found, and half of what the report says will be censored from public record. All the while GeorgieGirl will just grin that little grin that all of his oil buddies and the
Haliburton Group know so well.

kingeddy said:
Bush looking into the oil problem is about as useless and senseless as the rest of the crap he has done while in office. I think we all already know what the report will be. There will be no wrong doing found, and half of what the report says will be censored from public record. All the while GeorgieGirl will just grin that little grin that all of his oil buddies and the
Haliburton Group know so well.
Your so right!!!!!

upsmanluvracin said:
Its funny that Bush was going to look into it to find out why in keeps going up. But the last two days,gas has fallen 12 cents!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it was Bush's promise to look into it that caused the price drop. It more than likely had to do with the profit statment released last week. Same thing happened the last two times the big three released their quarterly profits.

What I find more ironic is the fact that Bush decided to look into it about the same time everyone was aware that the p&l statements were forthcoming. With the track record of price drops coinciding with these statements it was a well planned smokescreen to make the American people beleive Bush was responsible for making the price go down, and was actually doing something about it.

I think we all know, nothing good is gonna happen any time soon, unless we remove monkeyboy from office.

I'M SICK OF PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THE PRICE OF GAS. COMPARE THE PRICE OF GAS TO ANYTHING ELSE AND YOU'LL FIND GAS HASN'T RISEN AS MUCH AS OTHER THINGS OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS (milk, cars, houses,ext.) SO STOP WHINNING IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT ASK YOUR BOSS FOR A RAISE ,RIDE A BIKE OF STAY HOME AND POST ANTI GOVERNMENT CRAP ON THIS WEBSITE

ROCKINRHINO24 said:
I'M SICK OF PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THE PRICE OF GAS. COMPARE THE PRICE OF GAS TO ANYTHING ELSE AND YOU'LL FIND GAS HASN'T RISEN AS MUCH AS OTHER THINGS OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS (milk, cars, houses,ext.) SO STOP WHINNING IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT ASK YOUR BOSS FOR A RAISE ,RIDE A BIKE OF STAY HOME AND POST ANTI GOVERMENT CRAP ON THIS WEBSITE

I can afford it. Others can't. But ok, I'll play your little game.

I'll pick a gallon of milk. Information is readily available, just google it.

Milk/gal. Gas/gal.

Price in 1986 $1.89 .99

Price in 2006 $3.09 2.69
-------- --------
Difference $1.20 $1.70

Besides I only use 1 gallon of milk every week opposed to upwards of 40 gallons of deisel fuel. Should milk become the source for politicians and diarymen to gouge the country, my teeth and bones can be supplemented by taking a vitamin. Whereas my transportation needs along with the lifeblood of this country is dependant on greedy politicians and oilmen (foreign and domestic) who will bleed America of every penny they possibly can. Wait until retail prices start to spike as a result of higher fuel prices. Unless they come back down, you will see that happen in less than 6 months.

And I'll whine and cry all I want. If you don't want to read it, don't click on it.

kingeddy said:
I can afford it. Others can't. But ok, I'll play your little game.

I'll pick a gallon of milk. Information is readily available, just google it.

Milk/gal. Gas/gal.

Price in 1986 $1.89 .99

Price in 2006 $3.09 2.69
-------- --------
Difference $1.20 $1.70

Besides I only use 1 gallon of milk every week opposed to upwards of 40 gallons of deisel fuel. Should milk become the source for politicians and diarymen to gouge the country, my teeth and bones can be supplemented by taking a vitamin. Whereas my transportation needs along with the lifeblood of this country is dependant on greedy politicians and oilmen (foreign and domestic) who will bleed America of every penny they possibly can. What until retail prices start to spike as a result of higher fuel prices. Unless they come back down, you will see that happen in less than 6 months.

And I'll whine and cry all I want. If you don't want to read it, don't click on it.
MORE WITH THE ANTI GOVERNMENT CRAP WHAT'S NEXT THE GOVERNMENT IS HIDDING UFO'S FROM US AT AREA 51.

ROCKINRHINO24 said:
MORE WITH THE ANTI GOVERNMENT CRAP WHAT'S NEXT THE GOVERNMENT IS HIDDING UFO'S FROM US AT AREA 51.
Yes and your one of the lil green freaks!!!!,hehehe!!!:eek: Have you got any of those Martian cigarettes

If anyone still remembers, bush, channy, and big oil had private meetings early on in his first term where a secret energy plan was devised.

Also you may remember that Congress requested that plan to be made public, bush, channy and big oil refused to release it, Congress sued to force the release of it and the Supreme Court ruled that the people had no right to know about any secret deals their Goverment and big business may make.

Imagine that bush and channy and big business operating a secret goverment with a hand picked court providing cover.

ROCKINRHINO24 said:

So what are you saying here. Do you think everyone should just ignore what is happening and let those responsible run amuck? I'll guarantee you one thing, if you were gouging the government by not doing what you are supposed to do and pay your taxes, they would be crawling all up your butt looking for answers.

But I guess we should all be like you and go stick our head in the sand and do something stupid... like build an asphalt track and close up all the dirt tracks.

And for the record, I'm not anti-government, just anti-bush. I cant stand the bass-turd.

kingeddy said:
So what are you saying here. Do you think everyone should just ignore what is happening and let those responsible run amuck? I'll guarantee you one thing, if you were gouging the government by not doing what you are supposed to do and pay your taxes, they would be crawling all up your butt looking for answers.

But I guess we should all be like you and go stick our head in the sand and do something stupid... like build an asphalt track and close up all the dirt tracks.

And for the record, I'm not anti-government, just anti-bush. I cant stand the bass-turd.
I'M JUST SAYING THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BASH THE GOVERNMENT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES TO DO THAT

ROCKINRHINO24 said:
I'M JUST SAYING THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BASH THE GOVERNMENT THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER PLACES TO DO THAT
Hell If You Can Bash Stewert Then Why The Hell Cant We Bash The Government You Stupid ***

oil

biggest oil co in us. produces 3% of world oil supply.
oil co don't set the price the futures do and those who play them
cuba and china can drill for oil 75 miles from our shores yet we can't for fear of damaging something. no new refiniers because enviornmentalist lobby against, same for drilling for new oil.
oil co make .09 per gallon, fed taxes are .18 gal, state taxes up to .20 more depending on what state
record profit because oil co can't invest in drilling or refineries, plus consumption is way up.
majority of oil stock is owned by peoples pension funds. of which most state pension plans are invested.
so too me the fed and state govt. are to blame, besides they get taxes on all the profit. its them that are screwing us, not bush not channey, its been this wat for the past 20 years. releasing oil reserves won't lower the price. ethanol now has to be blended in, fed law, yet there is not enough ethanol to blend, thus slowing supplys. its stuff that has been going on for years and we were too stupid to see it coming.

racefantoo said:
why not, this is a racing forum and gas prices are affecting racing.

I agree! I remeber someone saying last summer that gas prices wouldn't affect racing. Well it is obvious to me that it is hurting local racing big time. Go read the thread about Mt.Vernon and see how many people didn't go because of the gas prices. Those who say its not hurting us obviously dont have a clue!

kslle said:
biggest oil co in us. produces 3% of world oil supply.
oil co don't set the price the futures do and those who play them
cuba and china can drill for oil 75 miles from our shores yet we can't for fear of damaging something. no new refiniers because enviornmentalist lobby against, same for drilling for new oil.
oil co make .09 per gallon, fed taxes are .18 gal, state taxes up to .20 more depending on what state
record profit because oil co can't invest in drilling or refineries, plus consumption is way up.
majority of oil stock is owned by peoples pension funds. of which most state pension plans are invested.
so too me the fed and state govt. are to blame, besides they get taxes on all the profit. its them that are screwing us, not bush not channey, its been this wat for the past 20 years. releasing oil reserves won't lower the price. ethanol now has to be blended in, fed law, yet there is not enough ethanol to blend, thus slowing supplys. its stuff that has been going on for years and we were too stupid to see it coming.

Makes sense to me. In addition, how can people get mad at others for maximizing the profits of their business? Isn't that what business owners are supposed to do? I realize we are dependant on gas. But if I had my own business (no matter what it is), I am going to try to make the most money I can. Especially when people will still pay the price.

It bites, but nothing is going to change anytime soon. We need to find something else to replace gas but as soon as we do, whoever owns it is going to maximize their profits. Either way its a no win situation.

Back