SLARFC New Meeting Spot

RaceGoddess

AJR Racing
The St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club has found a new home for our general membership meetings. Starting the 1st Saturday of November we will be meeting at Fat Cats Bowl in O'Fallon, IL. If you have never been there, you MUST check it out!! State of the art bowling facility, 75 internet gaming computers (with access to the web and your email), an arcade for young and old. The owner and managers are really going the extra mile to make sure that we are happy. To offset the costs we encourage everyone to get their 50/50 tickets at the meeting.

Fat Cats is located 15 mins from downtown St. Louis. Take I-64 east to exit 14 (O'Fallon) turn left at the light. Go to second stop light. Just past Ford dealer and Steak-n-Shake. Turn Right onto Regency Park Dr, follow back and the road dead ends in Fat Cat's parking lot. 618-628-1122 or visit their website at www.catcity.us

We hope to see everyone there!!!!

WHY are the SLARFC meetings ALWAYS in Illinois? They have the board members meetings on the Missouri side of the river, but never the regular meetings.

Why don't you have them in Festus, or Pevely or someplace like that for a change? At least move the meeting around where people in other areas can come.. The people down in this region hardly ever go because it's always such a long drive. Let's make the club a little more fan friendly!

we, as a board of directors, CONSTANTLY ask the membership for their input and suggestions on various subjects,including this one. we had only 1 other suggestion for a meeting place.that place being in the imperial area.not naming any names.the price for room rental,plus prices for items on the menu,was ,well,quite high.i will be 'politically correct' here.this was the only other suggestion.when nobody seems to wanna help,it is up to the board to make a decision.and we did.millsey,why don't you come to our meeting,see the place for yourself,and if you still want to complain,then speak up.we always listen.art knepper.

Art, I'm not talking about the quality of the place because I'm sure it's a nice place, all I'm saying is why is it always in Illinois? Should they rename the club the East St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club.... LOL..

I can't believe the only places available are on the east side. I talked to Carol Marino about this and she said if anyone had a place in the Jefferson County area that would be willing to host the meetings they (SLARFC) would be more than happy to take a look at it. The Nov. and Dec. meetings were already booked at the new Illinois site, but after that was open. So that's what I'm talking about.. I'm sure there are some quality places in the Festus/Pevely area or even in Arnold that would be thrilled to host the fan club and NOT CHARGE A DIME. I've been to several of the meetings over the last few years and the last time I remember one in Missouri was that old restaurant/bar that was near the old Arena. It was alright, small, but it was alright. Why not move the meetings around to various areas to try and promote growth? I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm a big supporter of the fan club, I would just like to see it a bit more available to the entire St. Louis region.

The bottom line is Jeff, that we had to book something. And since there were no other offers than the one that Art mentioned we chose Fat Cats. You know anyone could have made this suggestion at the last general membership meeting or within the last couple of weeks. Everyone knew that we were looking for a new meeting spot. But you can only please most of the people some of the time.
Your joke about the East St Louis Auto Racing Fan Club isn't that true. Where are the board meetings held?? In Olivette. Where is the banquet held?? In St. Charles. It is hard to work with 2 states and make everyone happy

There is a new state of the art racing facility opening in the new mall at hwy. 370 and 270 soon that is suppose to have a restuarant, indoor carting and all other kinds of cool stuff. I knoe Jimmy posted something about it when it was announced. They have a ESPN affiliation. That would be a cool place. I didn't even know they were looking for someplace new or I could have checked into it.

You're NEVER going to make everyone happy, that's just a statement of life. As far as the board meetings go that doesn't make one bit of difference. You could have them in your basement because they are not something that is truely open to the public. But the GENERAL MEMBERSHIP meetings should be moved around and that's all I'm saying. We even move our RAMS meetings around to different areas so various people from the different areas can come and find out information about us. I understand where you are coming from when you say that nobody spoke up and recommended a place. That's when the board members should take the bull by the horns and do it. I know that's what you probably did here with the place in O'Fallon, but it goes back to the orginal question, "Why does it have to be in Illinois most of the time?"

The SLARFC always says it supports racing within 100 mile radius of the Gateway Arch... Well, Farmington is only 65 miles from St. Louis and I guarentee you it would never even be considered. But if you actually did have a meeting down in this area and it was promoted properly wouldn't it be good for the fan club? One of the biggest complaints I've heard from members at the fan club was trying to get new members in and involved. What better way to do that than to help bring the club in new directions.

In the past the visits of Jesse, Carol, Wanda, Eileen and some of the other good members of SLARFC were truly valued at the local tracks during their fan club nights at the tracks down here.

Please don't think I'm coming down on you or anyone with the club, because I'm not.. I just wanted to open some eyes to see if I could make a point.

JUST WONDERING?

I have been a member of the St. Louis Auto Racing Fan Club for nearly 20 years. I have been a board member, etc. The ideas always come out after the fact. But I wonder . . . how many members live in the Farmington area? I can tell you that I have driven to Missouri for more fan club meetings that I have ever driven to Illinois. Anyone remember the meetings at Wente's in Chesterfield, MO? Talk about a drive -- and there were JUST AS MANY members from Illinois as there was Missouri attending these meetings. As a matter of fact, most of the board members at that time were from Illinois.

A "TRUE RACE FAN" doesn't care how far they have to drive to attend an event. So you either go or you stay home. And just remember! When you stay home you miss some of the BEST IN RACING!

Come on Millsey -- you know you like it. Come to Illinois . . . the fun is about to begin!

PB,

Listen to me, I'm not complaining in the slightest about the actual facility, I'm sure you guys have checked it out and it's very, very nice. What I was saying was bring the meetings closer to other people. I don't necessarily buy the theory that "true race fans would go no matter what," if that was the case then why do we have so many racetracks around the area and not just one big one. Like I said before, I've heard time and time again about getting NEW members and NEW blood involved with the fan club, well this is one way of doing it. But if everyone is content with the way things are then just continue along the same path.

That's why you DON'T have many members from Farmington or Bonne Terre or DeSoto or Festus or Potosi. If we held all the SLARFC meetings here in Farmington, how many of the current members do you think would stay and attend the meetings on a regular basis.. I think the answer is pretty obvious. So would that make them a lesser member or a race fan? Hell no. I just think the fan club should be more "fan friendly." That's all I'm saying, that is unless you want it to be a small, private club with limited membership.

rams meeting

how about a rams meeting at the WHAREHOUSE BBQ in farmington? oir the PIGG in frEderiktown i Like bbq

Would you just go work on the car!

We are going to have a RAMS meeting coming up in Perryville and then later on we will have another one back in Jefferson County or maybe Potosi...

Back