sportsman questions

chad_20

what is a good weight for all four springs and what is the rule on rear suspension, fourbar, birdcages, or just pullbars or what? thanks

It all depends

Weight distribution depends on a few things; the car's total weight, the drivers weight and so on. The best thing to do is talk to your chassis manufacturer. He should be able to give you a good starting point. After that, just get a good set of scales and experiment. As far as rear susupensions go, there are no tracks around this area that I know of that allow 4 bars or bird cages on sportsman cars. Some allow 3 link, some say stock rear suspensions. Some allow spring loaded pull bars and some don't. The best thing to do is find out what the rules are at the track you want to race at and once again experiment. It's all about trial and error.
Brian #44

I have another question to add. What pullbars are legal at Allied tracks? Any pullbar, buscuit type, spring type?

thanks darkstar, that is what i was thinking about the rearends but someone told me they thought that 4 bar might be allowed so i thought i would ask. as far as the springs i'm just looking for a ballpark because i have the chance to buy a variety of alot of different wieghts for fairly cheap and was thinking about getting a few different ones just to have.
as far as what pullbars i dont think allied allows any spring loaded pullbars, just biscuits

Allied rules

At Allied tracks you can run solid, or biscuit pull bars or 4 link with trailing arms in stock location. No spring loaded pull bars.
Brian #44

Back